Issues with pendant - send it back for repair again?

Phoenix123

Apr 6, 2012
So I bought this just a while ago. I noticed a gap in one of the loops and sent it back for repair. It comes back worse.

Here it is before and after repair. First pic is before. In the 3 after pics, you can see that the loop doesn't close properly/ is not aligned and there are also some small dents. The fourth/ bottom most pic shows the largest dent.

Shall I send it back again for repair? Would it come back even worse than it already is? I am aware that these items are done/ fixed by hand, but is this really acceptable of such a high-end jeweller?

Attachments

• Pendant_Before.jpg
    Pendant_Before.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 471
  • Pendant_After _a.jpg
    Pendant_After _a.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 466
  • Pendant_After _b.jpg
    Pendant_After _b.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 464
  • Pendant_After _c.jpg
    Pendant_After _c.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Reactions: jimmie staton
So I bought this just a while ago. I noticed a gap in one of the loops and sent it back for repair. It comes back worse.

Here it is before and after repair. First pic is before. In the 3 after pics, you can see that the loop doesn't close properly/ is not aligned and there are also some small dents. The fourth/ bottom most pic shows the largest dent.

Shall I send it back again for repair? Would it come back even worse than it already is? I am aware that these items are done/ fixed by hand, but is this really acceptable of such a high-end jeweller?
Absolutely send it back... You could have possibly lost the item completely because of this... totally unacceptable. Shocked and appalled.
"J!m"

Reactions: Phoenix123
Thank you, @Stardust Andromeda and @jimmie staton. I'm glad you guys agreed. I wasn't sure if I was being OCD. The VCA manager I was dealing with was trying to fob me off, telling me that since these things are done by hand, these little imperfections "are to be expected"!:shocked:

Will send it back for sure.
You are very welcome. When I purchased the VCA Magic single pendant, I noticed that the Black Onyx stone and the gold frame that encompasses it had gapping, I was told by the SA that it was normal, and since it's done by hand, that can happen. I was too giddy to have a new VCA piece around my neck and too intoxicated to argue...(every time I go to VCA, Tiffany, Cartier, Brequet, Yurman, Hermes, etc on Fifth Avenue NYC... they are always giving me tons of champagne). I've come to learn that they were correct. Now the issue you shown with your piece... now that is totally unacceptable. Don't go to another source to get it fixed.. I fear the worst case scenario with your VCA.

Reactions: Phoenix123
You are very welcome. When I purchased the VCA Magic single pendant, I noticed that the Black Onyx stone and the gold frame that encompasses it had gapping, I was told by the SA that it was normal, and since it's done by hand, that can happen. I was too giddy to have a new VCA piece around my neck and too intoxicated to argue...(every time I go to VCA, Tiffany, Cartier, Brequet, Yurman, Hermes, etc on Fifth Avenue NYC... they are always giving me tons of champagne). I've come to learn that they were correct. Now the issue you shown with your piece... now that is totally unacceptable. Don't go to another source to get it fixed.. I fear the worst case scenario with your VCA.

Hehe, my local Cartier always offers champagne, VCA not so much.

The gap I believe is standard and to be expected. However, the issues with my pendant are clearly due to poor workmanship and totally unacceptable. Indeed, I have spoken to my VCA SA and shall be taking it back for repair (again).

Thanks again.

Reactions: jimmie staton
Hehe, my local Cartier always offers champagne, VCA not so much.

The gap I believe is standard and to be expected. However, the issues with my pendant are clearly due to poor workmanship and totally unacceptable. Indeed, I have spoken to my VCA SA and shall be taking it back for repair (again).

Thanks again.
Yes, you are correct on the VCA Magic Pendant, but not on the Vintage or Pure, as a matter of fact, the way the Pure is made, it is sealed all the way around and the gleam is lovely. Good luck on the repair. I think VCA gets me liquored up because they get excited that a man like myself loves to wear VCA for himself, and it's rare for them to see, and they enjoy it so. Plus, I was told that I am an affable guy that has great energy... I attribute it to the VCA, but they said that I have it naturally and before I ever purchased my first piece. Who's to say ?