Should I get this Celine green lizard classic?

dakarakaka

O.G.
Oct 26, 2009
Hi all,

I’m ready to buy my very first Celine box bag and came across this green lizard classic. What do you all think? I like it a lot personally but my friends are telling me I will be too young for this lizard leather (I’m in my early 30). Can I get some feedback from you all? Also, is lizard leather prone to scratches or require extra care?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• D99D5144-F3C1-482D-B371-0B6FD0552491.jpeg
    D99D5144-F3C1-482D-B371-0B6FD0552491.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 562
For me, Lizard is actually the most durable. In my experience, the bag does not scratch or lose it's shape. Lizard skin is also not prone to color transfer or staining.

As for the age range for using exotics - if you love it, wear it. It's quite simple!

Reactions: beaniey
That bag is classic and beautiful and looks so classy and luxurious in the exotic leathers. To be honest, I completely disagree with your friends; in my opinion, exotic leathers look more sophisticated and dressy and something I wouldn't expect from a trendy youth...

Hi all,

I’m ready to buy my very first Celine box bag and came across this green lizard classic. What do you all think? I like it a lot personally but my friends are telling me I will be too young for this lizard leather (I’m in my early 30). Can I get some feedback from you all? Also, is lizard leather prone to scratches or require extra care?

Thanks!!
That bag is classic and beautiful and looks so classy and luxurious in the exotic leathers. To be honest, I completely disagree with your friends; in my opinion, exotic leathers look more sophisticated and dressy and something I wouldn't expect from a trendy youth...

Just curious, did you end up purchasing this green lizard classic box? If so, how are you liking it so far? I am thinking of purchasing the same from luxury next season. Thanks!

Just curious, did you end up purchasing this green lizard classic box? If so, how are you liking it so far? I am thinking of purchasing the same from luxury next season. Thanks!
I did end up purchasing the bag, I love the color and I always wanted a Celine box. It would be a perfect purchase if the bag doesn't come with a few dry cracks on the front flap leather area...
The most annoying part was the after sale service from Nordstrom, they said I had to pay for the repair fee if I want them to repair the bag or touch up the leather because they have to send it to a third party repair center instead of Celine...
Besides the drama with the after sale service, the bag itself is great, and the lizard leather is more scratch resistant.

Reactions: papertiger
Do it!! Although, I’d be more concern about how it is slanting to the right... Do update! I think lizard is lovely (mid 20s here).
Thanks for the support! I was concern about the slanting from the picture at the beginning but the bag arrived perfectly (besides some dry cracks on the leather... but the handbag department manager assured me that the bag was new arrival...).

Reactions: whyohhjay
I love the lizard, and the color of that bag is stunning... I think it would suit me, and I'm quite a bit younger than you... Don't get the age comment either!

Glad you got it, congratulations!

Thanks for the replys all, wasn't sure I'd have luck given the age of the original post. The green lizard is available at Luxury Next Season for well below the original retail price-I am torn between getting this or taking a trip to Seoul.
Hi there, did you end up buying the Celine lizard bag from luxury next season? I'm still anxious about buying from this company beacause I can't understand why they can sell current season bags for over 30% less? Are they really 100% legit? Sounds too good to be true! Thank's

Hi there, did you end up buying the Celine lizard bag from luxury next season? I'm still anxious about buying from this company beacause I can't understand why they can sell current season bags for over 30% less? Are they really 100% legit? Sounds too good to be true! Thank's
Hi there! I did not end up purchasing as I too was still skeptical regarding the price and LNS in general. Just got back from my 2 week vacation instead :smile:

Hi there! I did not end up purchasing as I too was still skeptical regarding the price and LNS in general. Just got back from my 2 week vacation instead :smile:
Hi. :flowers:Thank you so much for your reply. Hope you had a wonderful time. Did you pick up a bag in Seoul? About LNS....I don’t know something does not sit right with me. I asked about the CITES certificate beacause it’s lizard skin. In Europe you can (in worst case) end up in jail for not having a CITES certificate. They just answered..we don’t declare it’s lizard on the custom form..it will be fiiine!!So when they open the parcel and inspect the bag and find it’s lizard without the certificate ...I mean, the police will come knocking! And I am even not sure if I am dealing with a superfake. I saw the Celine box that came with one of the bags from a youtuber... it was a last season box. That is also weird, Celine changed all their boxes when Slimane took over. I will also pass on this company. :smartass:

Hi. :flowers:Thank you so much for your reply. Hope you had a wonderful time. Did you pick up a bag in Seoul? About LNS....I don’t know something does not sit right with me. I asked about the CITES certificate beacause it’s lizard skin. In Europe you can (in worst case) end up in jail for not having a CITES certificate. They just answered..we don’t declare it’s lizard on the custom form..it will be fiiine!!So when they open the parcel and inspect the bag and find it’s lizard without the certificate ...I mean, the police will come knocking! And I am even not sure if I am dealing with a superfake. I saw the Celine box that came with one of the bags from a youtuber... it was a last season box. That is also weird, Celine changed all their boxes when Slimane took over. I will also pass on this company. :smartass:
I did not pick up a bag in Seoul, the particular bag I have my eye on now (Dior 30 Montaigne in denim blue) was more expensive over there than back home. As for the CITES certificate, I had no idea about this so thanks for the education! I think sometimes when things are too good to be true they usually are and $5K is not something I'd want to throw away on a possible fake.

Reactions: Tingeling