Help - How Old Is This Bag?

Hummingbird

H'Bird
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
I have posted pics below of a vintage lizard bag that I bought on ebay. The seller said it was "stamped I approximately 30 years old."
So that means it should be an I in a circle, right? For 1979.
Any one see a circle? What do you see and how old do you think it is? Both ends of straps are shown.
I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP, AS SELLER IS STONEWALLING.

attachment.php

Attachments

• I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 013_1_1_1.jpg
    I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 013_1_1_1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 346
  • I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 024_1_1.jpg
    I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 024_1_1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 89
  • I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 009_1_1.jpg
    I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 009_1_1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 71
I'm not much of a help, but no I do not see a circle.... could it be that it is much older and just bares an I?

does it show somewhere made in Hermes ?

I'm sure it's an anthentic Hermes - from a reputable reseller. The date is the issue - and hence the price. Thanks for replying so quickly. It has all the Hermes stamps etc.

attachment.php

Attachments

• KELLYS AND BOLIDES 007 SMALL20%.JPG
    KELLYS AND BOLIDES 007 SMALL20%.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 329
It looks very pretty:smile: well there is not a circle... it's hard to tell there is some lining around the I, could it be that is is a T in stead? I dont' know how that looks never seen one. ?

I have posted pics below of a vintage lizard bag that I bought on ebay. The seller said it was "stamped I approximately 30 years old."
So that means it should be an I in a circle, for 1979.
Any one see a circle? What letter do you see? Both ends of straps are shown.
I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP.

attachment.php

Please, guys, what letter do you see? More thumbnails in post # 1.

Have you taken possession? Are these pics from the seller? I don't know that much about the markings on vintage skin bags. Perhaps they are different. I would call a craftsman like Claude and ask. Looks like a T to me and I don't see any circle.

Have you taken possession? Are these pics from the seller? I don't know that much about the markings on vintage skin bags. Perhaps they are different. I would call a craftsman like Claude and ask. Looks like a T to me and I don't see any circle.

Thanks gk - I took possession about 10 days ago. The pics were taken by me. The reseller did not post pics of the stamp. He/she said in description "stamp I, approximately 30 years old." An I in a circle would be 1979. The seller was relying on the standard system apparently, as he/she said "app 30 years."
So far, it seems to be a T.
Who is claude and how do I get in touch with him? TIA.

it is a T and that would make it much older but the bag is absolutely gorgeous and I hope you get some money back.

I will be getting all of my money back. I paid by credit card, and will do a charge back if he/she doesn't voluntarily void the transaction. That just happen to be a particularly good picture of the dang beast. I did learn from all of this that I love the kelly 35 size. Thanks much for your input, Loren.