Are there any LV items that do not use leather?

something made fully of canvas? I really love the LV print but don’t buy leather. Thanks :smile:
Maybe try a different brand outside of luxury. There aren’t any LV pieces (handbags or wallets) that I’m aware of that are “leatherless”. Maybe try Chanel. They had a plastic handbag collection, this is if you are open to spending 2.5K on a plastic/PVC bag. You are not going to find any brands with SLG’s that are not lined with leather.

Maybe try a different brand outside of luxury. There aren’t any LV pieces (handbags or wallets) that I’m aware of that are “leatherless”. Maybe try Chanel. They had a plastic handbag collection, this is if you are open to spending 2.5K on a plastic/PVC bag. You are not going to find any brands with SLG’s that are not lined with leather.
Even that bag used leather for the straps.

Reactions: Zoezampalunga
I really wonder how luxury brands are being so slow to catch up in this market? I get it if they are hard core sellier leather brands like Hermes, but brands like LV and Goyard, which have make their name on coated canvas... I guess it goes against the strategy to limit canvas and focus on leather to increase perceived exclusivity....

I really wonder how luxury brands are being so slow to catch up in this market? I get it if they are hard core sellier leather brands like Hermes, but brands like LV and Goyard, which have make their name on coated canvas... I guess it goes against the strategy to limit canvas and focus on leather to increase perceived exclusivity....

I don’t think the market is large enough to be worth it to them. Most people want or don’t have an objection to leather. Better financial decision to appeal to the mass market than produce items that only appeal to a minority of buyers.

I don’t think the market is large enough to be worth it to them. Most people want or don’t have an objection to leather. Better financial decision to appeal to the mass market than produce items that only appeal to a minority of buyers.

True. Veganism is also more popular in the West, whereas these brands are more focused on the East markets where there is more growth. But it is a tendency that is on the rise and aspirational, there are so many vegan celebs, if LV were to produce an all canvas bag I bet they would flock to it like crazy and then it would sell everywhere...

Last edited:
Reactions: bubablu and snibor
True. Veganism is also more popular in the West, whereas these brands are more focused on the East markets where there is more growth. But it is a tendency that is on the rise and aspirational, there are so many vegan celebs, if LV were to produce an all canvas bag I bet they would flock to it as crazy and then it would sell everywhere...

I think an all canvas bag would sell if reasonably priced. People would definitely flock but I don’t think they’d flock to it because of any principled objection to leather. True about eastern markets. Kind of interesting as to what’s appealing in various markets.