YSL black hardware on bags

Smahon

Dec 2, 2018
Hello everybody,

I have been considering investing in the YSL Small Kate bag in black hardware. I love the black hardware I think it’s much different and can be more wearable than silver or gold.
The only concern I have is the black hardware noticeable ? Those who have black hardware bags can people see your logo ? My local store does not sell these so I would have to buy online
Thanks
https://www.ysl.com/ie/shop-product...de-poudre-embossed-leather_cod45438245pt.html

I have the monogram WOC in black hardware and I adore it. It’s definitely not as noticeable as the gold or silver, but that’s why I chose it. The gold is beautiful IMO, I debated between the two but feel in love with the black. It will stand out to people who know YSL or just high end bags in general.

f9f8efceced403005408d7709d3b0a0a.jpg

They’re both beautiful and I’m sure you’ll love whichever one you pick!

Thanks for your reply! Yeah I’m definitely falling in love with the bag yours is gorgeous can you see the black logo or does it completely blend in when you wearing it

I have the monogram WOC in black hardware and I adore it. It’s definitely not as noticeable as the gold or silver, but that’s why I chose it. The gold is beautiful IMO, I debated between the two but feel in love with the black. It will stand out to people who know YSL or just high end bags in general.

I have the black on black woc as well and I love that bag. I wanted something that would work with any evening outfit regardless of shoe/jewelry color. And for me, black on black is just so sophisticated with a touch of edgy. I can wear it with a cocktail dress or a motorcycle jacket and it looks great either way. With the gold/silver hardware, it looks more formal to me (though still beautiful).

Hello, how is the black hw holding up? Any chipping?

Hello, how is the black hw holding up? Any chipping?
There is a small chip on the bottom right corner of the L, where the hardware is screwed in I'm guessing. That actually happened a week or two after I bought it unfortunately. But the rest of it is fine, no chips to the chain or anything else. And I've had it a little over a year now I believe.

upload_2019-11-23_19-30-26.jpeg

Reactions: Kristupa