help! buyer wants a refund w/ shipping

safin1

Mar 22, 2006
HI. I really don't know what to do. I sold a Balenciaga bag on ebay and this buyer claims that it is not authentic. She said something about zipper pull, zipper, serial number. I guess she doesn't know that every year they have different letters on the silver plate. I don't know what is wrong. I know that it is authentic because I have seen this bag in the store at NM. I also own a few Balenciaga bags. Also, I bought it from an ebay member with 100% feedback and a Power Seller. The seller is also a member here.

The buyer wants a Full Refund including Shipping. I usually don't ship to Asia, but I made an exception for her. Do you think that this is a scam and that she will never send the bag back. Actually, I don't want to accept a return because it is Authentic.

Please help me. Thanks.

I'd let her file significantly not as described with paypal, then she has to prove it's not real in order to win. If you do take a refund, wait until it arrives back to you to give it to her.

I agree with Jen. Give it some time and let her figure out that she needs to file a SNAD dispute.

What ever you do, don't send her any $$ back until you have the bag in your hands. She may be trying to pull a bait and switch.

Yes I agree it is up to the buyer to file a claim..... then she can send the bag back, when you identified the bag as your bag you can refund her the money.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I agree with Jen. Give it some time and let her figure out that she needs to file a SNAD dispute.

What ever you do, don't send her any $$ back until you have the bag in your hands. She may be trying to pull a bait and switch.

Hi. Thank you for all of the replies. I guess I have to giver her some time. I even gave her this website so she can post pictures. I am sure members here will authenticate it for her. What is a SNAD dispute?

Hi. Thank you for all of the replies. I guess I have to giver her some time. I even gave her this website so she can post pictures. I am sure members here will authenticate it for her. What is a SNAD dispute?

snad Significantly Not As Described..

Hopefully she will be eased when the bag is authenticated....

snad Significantly Not As Described..

Hopefully she will be eased when the bag is authenticated....

Thanks! Now I know what that means. Yes, I hope that she will post pictures here to get the bag authenticated. That would help so much. Or I guess she could take the bag to an authorized dealer over there and have them authenticate it. However, I would need a letter or something from them. Not just a verbal, " Oh I went and I talked the the salesperson and they said it is not real."
So hopefully she will agree to go to the Purse Forum. I guess I will have to wait for her reply.

ummm problem is that your buyer is in Asia. You're not protected...

So paypal does not protect sellers if they ship the item to Asia? I did not know that. I shouldn't have shipped over there if I knew that. She is registered in the UK, but she told me that she goes home to Asia for the summer, so she asked me to ship it to Asia. I trusted her because she has 100% feedback.

Let's just hope that she agrees to go to the Purse Forum to get it authenticated. I hope that this is not a scam. I have heard of people not sending bags back to the seller and getting a refund. Also, someone just posted that I should watch out for a "bait and switch." I know that it is Authentic. Why does she say that the zippers and serial number are wrong? I posted clear pictures of the zipper in my listing. Why did she even bid if she thought that they were wrong? This just doesn't even make sense. Thanks for all of the replies. This really is helping.

Eh... What if you give her a refund and she ships you back a fake bag or soemthing? At this point, it might just be worth taking a hit and getting a negative feedback.

Paypal doesn't protect the seller on item not received claims when you ship to unconfirmed addresses or anywhere other than UK, Canada and US, not sure about a SNAD claim though. You can always go over to the ebay forums and ask in the paypal section.

Tell her you have made a mark in it with ink only visible with black light somewhere and will know if it's not the one you sent, if you take it back.

Paypal doesn't protect the seller on item not received claims when you ship to unconfirmed addresses or anywhere other than UK, Canada and US, not sure about a SNAD claim though. You can always go over to the ebay forums and ask in the paypal section.

Okay. Thanks I will check on it. Yes, it was to an unconfirmed address.