Debut design from Daniel Lee

Take note of the EXTERIOR branding!
Gotta make sure everyone knows it's Bottega Veneta, right? I mean after all, how will anyone know what it is if there isn't a logo/branding on the outside!
Next step: nice big gold shiny Bottega Veneta buckle like the J'adore Dior bags.
Can't wait!
/sarcasm

My thought exactly!!!!

^^this is BV?
Oh, no no. It's a recycled plastic tote that is typically used for picnics or groceries shopping. Though the weave of the new design is wider and might look different from the plastic tote, I just felt the new designs somehow reminded me of the plastic tote. I don't have that feeling with the original cabats.

Reactions: J.T.
I don't like these bags at all unfortunately. Just bought a new veneta and I heard from my sales manager that they have not been getting venetas for quite some time. So I guess veneta will be phased out.

Too bad about the Veneta. Thanks for the intel.

The wide-fettuce Cabat is hard for me to look at. I wonder if it is still double-woven, or if that element is gone, too. The solid color version is easier on the eyes, at least, but it doesn't look like a "Cabat," either. It just looks like a nice tote.

Too bad about the Veneta. Thanks for the intel.

The wide-fettuce Cabat is hard for me to look at. I wonder if it is still double-woven, or if that element is gone, too. The solid color version is easier on the eyes, at least, but it doesn't look like a "Cabat," either. It just looks like a nice tote.
or, a basket?...

Attachments

• https _d28xhcgddm1buq.cloudfront.net_product-images_woodchip-8x6-baskets-with-folding-handles-9.jpg
    https _d28xhcgddm1buq.cloudfront.net_product-images_woodchip-8x6-baskets-with-folding-handles-9.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 445
As we’ve discussed on the other thread about the new CD and future direction of Bottega Veneta, I don’t think it should come as a surprise if ALL of Tomas Maier’s designs from the past 16 or so years are all discontinued in some form. After all, that’s precisely the point of hiring a new creative director. The Cabat was Tomas Maier’s design - perhaps the new guy doesn’t want to continue with it. He may have his own signature bag to introduce. TM added the knot clasp to the box clutch. Will Daniel Lee choose to remove that and top the clutch with something else instead? A butterfly?
This is a new era for Bottega Veneta and let’s face it, it’s a business and they’re in the business to make money and keep their shareholders happy. If micro bags, vegan leather backpacks, or big square bags with a BV logo emblazoned across it in sequins are the thing to get new young customers, that’s what they’ll give us.

Reactions: Lara Madeleine
Those are Tomas Maier’s. His last collection for BV was Resort 2019. Bottega Veneta sat out the Spring 2019 show and Daniel will debut his Fall/Winter 2019 collection this coming February.

Which all makes me wonder....
If the new designs are not shown until February, where did this blogger or instagram person get photos of these bags? Were they leaked somehow or are DL’s designs going to be available sooner than the early springtime?

Reactions: Lara Madeleine