Debut design from Daniel Lee

The proportion of handle to bag seems off. It’s definitely aligned with the big tote thing that seems big right now. 4cm is about 1.5 Inches so that’s a pretty wide weave and I wonder if it could snag and gap more easily. I want to give Mr. Lee and BV a chance but I’m not wowed. Here’s Cabat hoping the other stuff is better.
+1
I’m hoping for better things coming down the pike....

Reactions: cosima and Mousse
Thanks for posting this, @wheihk ! I saw this while scrolling IG before bed last night and thought to share on here... but I was too tired, ahaha.

While the bag is as unisex as a handbag can be, this was called out to be part of the men's collections. I think that many guys (and girls!) will enjoy the functionality of this, but I'm not sure if this is a true reflection of the vibes that his women's collections will carry. It is reassuring to know that he's genuinely trying to modify house codes (the weave, in this case) instead of starting from scratch.

More variations of this below. I actually really like the Maxi Cabat in smooth calf (no weave).
bv8.JPG bv1.JPG bv2.JPG bv3.JPG bv5.JPG bv6.JPG bv7.JPG

Thanks for posting this, @wheihk ! I saw this while scrolling IG before bed last night and thought to share on here... but I was too tired, ahaha.

While the bag is as unisex as a handbag can be, this was called out to be part of the men's collections. I think that many guys (and girls!) will enjoy the functionality of this, but I'm not sure if this is a true reflection of the vibes that his women's collections will carry. It is reassuring to know that he's genuinely trying to modify house codes (the weave, in this case) instead of starting from scratch.

More variations of this below. I actually really like the Maxi Cabat in smooth calf (no weave).
View attachment 4250662 View attachment 4250663 View attachment 4250664 View attachment 4250665 View attachment 4250666 View attachment 4250667 View attachment 4250668

It looks much better in a solid color
It looks great in Croc
I am keeping an open mind since he seems to be keeping with BV’s minimal aesthetics

It looks much better in a solid color
It looks great in Croc
I am keeping an open mind since he seems to be keeping with BV’s minimal aesthetics
i agree, solid black (or, perhaps, beige) will look pretty good, and, probably, closer to initial idea of the cabat - market woven basket. But i can't force myself to like it right away.
Maybe i need time, and it will grow on me later, but for now i only like the croc one and i take it as a different, separate/new design of a bag, and not a Cabat.

Reactions: couturequeen
Don't kill me but I don't mind the blk/wte. I wouldn't buy it but it has something. I prefer the shape with the solid strip o top.

BTW my mum's BV had Botega Veneta blind-stamped on the front in tiny teeny letters (Knot Hobo - now mine). So not without precedent but yes, I too prefer without.

Attachments

• BVhobo_zps3e84ffc0.jpg
    BVhobo_zps3e84ffc0.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 557
I don't like these bags at all unfortunately. Just bought a new veneta and I heard from my sales manager that they have not been getting venetas for quite some time. So I guess veneta will be phased out.

View attachment 4250662 View attachment 4250663 View attachment 4250664 View attachment 4250665 View attachment 4250666 View attachment 4250667 View attachment 4250668

I was gobsmacked when I saw this pop up on my feed. Clown bags! The large weave is horrendous and looks like those bags made out of recycled plastic you buy in souvenir shops. Then again I also saw the men’s cruise collection and it looks equally crap tbh. (Clown college)

One (2) exception here. The plain totes, especially the croc, looks really great and I would honestly love it if I had more money than sense, but let’s be honest there is zero innovation going on here. They’re just copping off Loewe and Dunhill.

Will wait until the full collection is dropped and want to check it out irl but this is not a great start...

Reactions: papertiger