Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week of reflection as we draw closer to the end of 2018. Show us the scarves that you pounced on without a second thought. Did they become hot favourites or did they languish in their orange boxes as you realized that they didn't go with anything else you had? Or maybe you were fooled by your monitor and you snapped up a silk that was either a pleasant surprise or a rude shock? Tell us more!

IMPULSE BUYS: Rave or Regret?
(Show us a scarf you’ve never worn!)

My impulse buys tend to be gavroches because they cost less than a 90, so I don't always give the purchase as much consideration as I should.

This was a bad purchase which I regretted very quickly. My SA was showing me a range of gavs which had come in. No pressure to buy. And out of the blue, I decided to buy this one. There were a couple of red flags which I blithely ignored. My SA gaped at me and asked me if I was sure about this. I should have taken note of her startled reaction and had second thoughts, but hindsight etc etc. I know very well that mid-tone colours in general, and mid-browns in particular, don't always work for me, but somehow it slipped my mind that day. So this Tatersale has hardly ever been worn and is in the exit list.
PicsArt_11-11-06.10.53.png
Another day, I suddenly had a hankering for a design from the previous season. This was because of the previous week's light theme - I recalled Merveilleuses Lanternes which I didn't buy. I put a call in and my SA found the last gav in their stock. I dropped by and bought it without really thinking because I like jaune-chartreuse. After the euphoria, I had a few second thoughts because I like wearing my gavs in pairs, so it had to go with something else. Luckily it coordinates quite well with another impulse buy (Magic Kelly) which was BIN'd one day when I suddenly wanted something pink... :angel:
PicsArt_11-11-06.12.26.png

Rows of lamps on the bridges in gavroche L'Air de Paris which is like a michievous little sister to Ponts with the little H gentleman tossing his hat into the air.
Car headlamps in L'Elegance et le Confort en Automobile.
And on either side of Traineux et Glissade are two lantern bearers.
View attachment 4248286

Oh, xincinsin, you did me in-in-in!
Had to have the L’Air de Paris!
Awaiting ‘dealer confirmation’ via 1stdibs
on a Sunday afternoon in France...hmmm, wonder if that circle will stop spinning anytime soon. ;)

Reactions: bruxelles70
Oh, xincinsin, you did me in-in-in!
Had to have the L’Air de Paris!
Awaiting ‘dealer confirmation’ via 1stdibs
on a Sunday afternoon in France...hmmm, wonder if that circle will stop spinning anytime soon. ;)
:biggrin: Glad to be of service :P I've been enabled many a time by SOTD.
I've seen two versions of L'Air de Paris: orange border and red border.

Status
Not open for further replies.