Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

Interesting as other people from a group have called and CS is telling them that if they are experiencing problems to definitely take it in or send pictures and they will look into it further. But only the few here saying they are calling for people to return them without having an issue? Not discounting the claims but a lot of different stories floating around. I guess that’s why they call them rumors.

Nope, not a rumor.... I got a call, it was from a Customer Service Rep from LV, and he went through the list of all I bought during that time. Yes, including my Pochette Metis, which I bought when it was first released. Also other bags, such as both my Epi Neverfulls bought in 2014, also Emprente Speedy 30 in Noir, Empreinte Montaigne BB, also Monogram Dora PM in red. And others. He said that I was contacted because i am a valuable, and longtime customer. And yes, most of these bags that he mentioned here I had issues with glazing but never pursued complaining about it, mostly due to not wanting to deal with a hassle of making a return based on quality concerns, which was always uncomfortable for me in the past. I do think that because of some of the quality concerns that LV has been experiencing, they are not quite as quick to say that something is "wear and tear" and turn the customer away, like it used to be!!

Last edited:
There is a recall on certain bags. I received the call from client services today. My lockit, retiro and sc bags are all on the list. I can take them in for repair or return them for store credit. This only applies to certain makes/models and it seems like years 2013-2015. I have been buying LV for over a decade and this is the first time I have experienced this. But rest assured, it is legit.

Me, too. I also got a call, from a Customer Service Rep from LV, and he went through the list of all I bought during that time. Yes, including my Pochette Metis, which I bought when it was first released. Also other bags, such as both my Epi Neverfulls bought in 2014, also Emprente Speedy 30 in Noir, Empreinte Montaigne BB, also Monogram Dora PM in red. And others. He said that I was contacted because i am a valuable, and longtime customer. And yes, most of these bags that he mentioned here I had issues with glazing.

Reactions: Stacy31
I went in last night and they gave me store credit for my Pochette Métis at the 1890 price mine was preloved so I didn’t have the receipt but I had paid for it to be reglazed in 2017. The glaze was peeling and the store manager found a small crack in the same corner as the glazing issue. I ended up getting it in the marine rouge empreinte. They advise me once it starts with the small cracks there is nothing that can be done.
Your post gives me peace of mind as my PM is also preloved and I don't have the receipt either.

Your post gives me peace of mind as my PM is also preloved and I don't have the receipt either.

I wish you luck. I also returned my Graceful MM the SA advises me that the corners will wear quickly and it’s not considered a defect. I don’t like spending that kinda of money on a bag knowing up front there are issues. I bought a MacBook Pro instead and it was actually cheaper lol. I wish you luck in the store, I would go while it is still a popular issue.

I wish you luck. I also returned my Graceful MM the SA advises me that the corners will wear quickly and it’s not considered a defect. I don’t like spending that kinda of money on a bag knowing up front there are issues. I bought a MacBook Pro instead and it was actually cheaper lol. I wish you luck in the store, I would go while it is still a popular issue.
Thank you! Mine has very little wear as I only just had it re-glazed in April or May.

Me, too. I also got a call, from a Customer Service Rep from LV, and he went through the list of all I bought during that time. Yes, including my Pochette Metis, which I bought when it was first released. Also other bags, such as both my Epi Neverfulls bought in 2014, also Emprente Speedy 30 in Noir, Empreinte Montaigne BB, also Monogram Dora PM in red. And others. He said that I was contacted because i am a valuable, and longtime customer. And yes, most of these bags that he mentioned here I had issues with glazing.
He told me the same thing...pretty much verbatim regarding the longtime, valuable customer explanation. I had four bags on the list and I sold 3 of them. I really wish I kept my lockits and SC bag, as I took pretty big hits when I sold them. I was surprised he didn't mention my granit SC bag that I purchased in January 2013? My black SC from later that year was on the list, but not the granit color from earlier. I haven't heard about the capucines yet, but I am curious if anyone gets a call about it? I am thinking about purchasing a black one, but the glazing issues are worrying me...especially for the price:smile:

I purchased my PM Oct 2016 from the LV store on Champs-Élysées, Paris and have had a chance to use it extensively.

B/c I heard about this whole recall thing, I decided to take a closer look at the glazing on my bag to see how it’s holding up. Low and behold, one side of the bag had glazing that was peeling off. I also noticed the gold buckle on the bag had oddly changed colors and half the metal was shiny and the other half dull. No matter how I cleaned it, it remained that way.

So I checked the date code and saw my bag was from 2016 so not apart of the 2014-2015 recall.

Nevertheless, I took my bag into the Lee Garden LV store here in Hong Kong. The SA told me they will take the bag in for further inspection and revert back to me in about 5 business days.

A week later, I received a call from the store manager and was told my bag was deemed defective and I was eligible for full store credit.

Honestly, it is this kind of customer service that really blows me away. It’s no wonder I feel such a sense of loyalty towards Louis Vuitton.

So regardless of when your bag was made, whether it was between 2014-2015 or not, if you see something wrong with your bag, bring it into the store and let them have a look. You will never know.

Attached is a photo of the glazing peeling off my bag.

Attachments

• 5B38DF99-66DA-4090-82F8-FC7AA06F5632.jpeg
    5B38DF99-66DA-4090-82F8-FC7AA06F5632.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 2,042
I'm so sorry for everyone having to send in bags they love, especially discontinued models or ones that aren't being replaced. I was watching a video from Minks4All, and I understand for the Empreinte Cles Pochette with glazing issues are for a specific period around 2015. I recently was able to purchase the Black one on the US website, but I'm still concerned that glazing will be an issue down the line. Would anyone have any thoughts about newly made items? The one I received is new so made in 2018. Just wondering if it's worth keeping or just sending back.