Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

Thank you! That is helpful! I am after caviar and SHW so that’s good to hear caviar is solid in terms of resale. I am leaning towards small just to save that $800. I don’t think the extra capacity will matter to me.

Reactions: MHLee
I am in the market for a vintage single flap jumbo caviar ghw :heart: I am only 4'10" and have a square mini caviar ghw, but now need a good everyday Chanel. I'm hoping a jumbo will be my perfect daily bag.

I was first debating on getting a medium because I'm a bit scared the jumbo will be too heavy. However, I decided to get to jumbo because I don't use my other bags that fit the same amount as the medium, like my Gucci small marmont flap, that often for my day to day activities. I think this is because I don't have any more room for random stuff after my essentials are in.

Day to day I don't carry my bag on my shoulder for long periods of time, so I don't need to worry about the weight. If I am going to carry my bag for hours on end, like shopping, then I usually always grab a smaller bag anyways.

I am 4'11" and a size 00 (to be honest sometimes a 00 is big on me). I have one jumbo and several mediums. I NEVER use my jumbo, because even though I love it (and will likely never sell it) I just feel it looks ridiculous on me. It looks larger than a maxi on my frame. The m/l doesn't hold much, but it looks much more proportionate. I wish the jumbo looked good on me. My mom is 5'2" and a size 4 - 6 and it looks amazing on her.

I love my jumbo. Like many others here I have a m/l also, but the jumbo is my favorite bag. It carries everything I need as well, it’s not heavy and it’s classy. If you’re out for the day and end up going out at night, it’s still not a bag that you’re going to wish you left in the car, like a tote or something similar. I dislike the m/l because I can’t fit much of anything in it. It’s definately my going out bag. I’m 5”4” 120lbs so while I’m “smallish” I don’t feel the bag dwarfs me. I’m definately going to be in the market of a beige jumbo soon.

I love my jumbo. Like many others here I have a m/l also, but the jumbo is my favorite bag. It carries everything I need as well, it’s not heavy and it’s classy. If you’re out for the day and end up going out at night, it’s still not a bag that you’re going to wish you left in the car, like a tote or something similar. I dislike the m/l because I can’t fit much of anything in it. It’s definately my going out bag. I’m 5”4” 120lbs so while I’m “smallish” I don’t feel the bag dwarfs me. I’m definately going to be in the market of a beige jumbo soon.
We’re nearly identical in size, and the jumbo wears well with suits, pea coats, and trench coats (perfect now that it’s getting cool outside). It doesn’t dwarf me, but it is very noticeable and stands out as a statement piece. I love that as my standard look - a somewhat oversized bag, but not overly so.

Reactions: jbags07

I am of similar size and I love my jumbo. I feel like the M/L is a little too formal sometimes for night time. If I am going to dinner or drinks with the DH or BFF, I opt for my jumbo surprisingly. I never thought I would because I always heard that it would be too big on my frame. But the more I use it, the more I love it!

I am also a "studier" looking gal.... if that helps.... lol

I am of similar size and I love my jumbo. I feel like the M/L is a little too formal sometimes for night time. If I am going to dinner or drinks with the DH or BFF, I opt for my jumbo surprisingly. I never thought I would because I always heard that it would be too big on my frame. But the more I use it, the more I love it!

I am also a "studier" looking gal.... if that helps.... lol

I wondered when I bought it if I was going to use it as much also. I find that since I got it, I haven't changed out to another bag except for a smaller bag when I was going out for late night drinks at a bar. I really do feel like it's the perfect sized bag.

Reactions: Pradagal
I bought the much sought after M/L in black cavier and silver hardware but exchanged to the jumbo size in the same commbo as I intend to use this bag as a daytime bag, hope I will not regret due to the weight!

Hi!
The Jumbo of course! I wear mine day and evenings/nights, casual and formal. It all depends on how you are dressed and your attitude and presence. For a black tie event I would just wear a pochette/clutch but for dinners, evenings out with my husband and friends to bars or events, theaters, concerts, restaurants, my Jumbo follows me everywhere as it is so versatile.
All the best ! Follow your heart ;)

Reactions: LouisV76