Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

I would agree with this. However, could this small touch up warrant the bag to be refused for spa treatment by Hermes?

I’ve never had a bag refused because of color touch ups, but that’s no guarantee. The difficulty with a lighter colored bag is matching the colors. It was harder than I thought, and after a failed attempt at matching Rouge H (and then sending to H who matched the color perfectly), I’d sooner have Hermes buy 10 pots of color to experiment with [emoji1] I do wait until my bag needs an actual repair before sending it in. The maintenance and color touch ups are a bonus, but not anything I’d pay for and wait months for on its own.

Reactions: Coconuts40
Last year I sent LS a vintage Kelly in much worse condition than your B, and they worked miracles with it. As far as I understand you won't be able to have Hermes work on the bag again if you go with an outsider, but if you plan on keeping I wouldn't think it would be a big deal.
Yes I definitely plan on keeping this bag forever :heart: Thank you for your input!

Reactions: quinna
Hi guys,

My apology if I didn’t not place this topic at the right spot as I’m not sure where it should go.

Anyway I recently help my mom unpack her vintage collections and I found Hermes Amazonia Buffle in the storage! Sadly the leather was peeling off so bad, wondering if anyone have the same problem or know how to fix this?

TIA

IMG_0470.jpg

What a shame. The bag Amazonia, a canvas coated with a natural rubbery coating that has been known to degrade. I don’t believe H fixes it, these bags were sold with a care kit to keep the cracking at bay. The handle and trim are buffle (Buffalo) leather, and those parts look sound in your photo. You can consult Doc or H but I think this is permanent.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I pulled this bag out from storage room, I think my mom just throw it in there/didn’t care for but just amazed me that it was quite an expensive bag but it doesn’t hold up like other model! no wonder they stop making these nowadays.

Hermes should have recalled Amazonia. It is far below Hermes standards. I do have a couple of Amazonia Garden Party Bags. I have conditioned with matte silicone and I am okay with them, but I still feel they should have offered exchanges.
Exactly
Some limited edition pricing are even premium than regular leathers
But over the years h just don't spa them
Vibrato crinoline are some eg

Reactions: papertiger
Hi ladies! I'm looking at a vintage niloticus Kelly and was wondering if anyone had any experience sending one to the spa in terms of cost and time taken etc? Also the bag is pretty old so the stamp is gone and I'm also concerned about that given the recent experience by a fellow tpf-er....

Hi guys,

My apology if I didn’t not place this topic at the right spot as I’m not sure where it should go.

Anyway I recently help my mom unpack her vintage collections and I found Hermes Amazonia Buffle in the storage! Sadly the leather was peeling off so bad, wondering if anyone have the same problem or know how to fix this?

TIA

View attachment 4229297
sadly, i dont think this is salvageable.