Hardware Talk

Thanks dear.So i presume scratches can be seen more clearly on brushed hardware?
I don’t have any deep scratches on my brushed hardware, so I don’t think I can comment on that. I have a few deeper scratches on shiny hardware, and those show up more. I think you should get which ever kind of hardware you really want and then just be careful, but realize that some scratches are inevitable.

Reactions: PJW5813
BDDDE599-49E4-4D1C-9D72-62DB0314FCBE.jpeg This shows a little scratching on brushed palladium, also the end of the turn lock has chipped showing gold (brass) underneath. My gold hardwear on my B feet scratched to show silver underneath so I’m not sure what the hardware tends to be made of beneath the plating.
Hi ladies,can I check with u ladies for those who own brushed hardware on their SO bags.Does the brushed hardware scratch as easily as the usual hardware?

. . .Seems like brushed hardware need to take care too

You have got it. If you are aware that any pieces of metal hardware can scratch, you are likely to be just that little bit more careful and avoid it happening. It is surprising how these little scratches do appear because you would think the metal would have to come in contact with something hard - certainly harder than a fingernail.
Remember DocRide's advice that a bag needs to be looked at from a metre away - then the small imperfections are not noticeable.

You have got it. If you are aware that any pieces of metal hardware can scratch, you are likely to be just that little bit more careful and avoid it happening. It is surprising how these little scratches do appear because you would think the metal would have to come in contact with something hard - certainly harder than a fingernail.
Remember DocRide's advice that a bag needs to be looked at from a metre away - then the small imperfections are not noticeable.
I have gold, vintage & new, palladium and the really vintage perma brass, I can see no scratches...

I know that scatches are bound to happen.As im thinking of what hardware should I choose for my 1st SO bag,its better i ask the expert here for advice. I wonder scratches can be seen more clearly on brushed hardware or the shiny hardware.

Reactions: Dreaming Big
So is RGHW officially available on non-SO Birkins? One of my Parisian SAs told me two years ago it was coming and I've noticed some Bs with it. Does anyone know which colors/leathers have it?

I am really into permabrass HW these days. Even more so than RG HW! It's really beautiful with some colours.
Permabrass has been around for a while. I have a scarf ring from a few years back with no discoloration. My bags with permabrass are a lot newer so far so good. Only time will tell. HTH!
Thanks a lot, xiangxiang0731!
I always mix jewelry in all 3 golds, so I think having a faw Permabrass bags would be the perfect metal to go with everything no matter what you’re wearing (especially when it comes to shoes, belts, etc. Not that I wear things matchy matchy, but sometimes some things just clash).

Reactions: chicinthecity777
So is RGHW officially available on non-SO Birkins? One of my Parisian SAs told me two years ago it was coming and I've noticed some Bs with it. Does anyone know which colors/leathers have it?

Yes, it is available on some PO Birkins starting FW18. It started with the Birkin Touch range. That aside, mostly neutral colors by far. I've seen pics of Birkin with rghw in black, Gris Tourterelle, Bleu Nuit, and Etain in Togo.