Scarves anyone frame their silk scarves? if so how do you do it?

It might help if you buy another set and put on at the top? Would it help?

That’s what I was thinking - it really needs one more at the top. But it would look odd if I only put one up top and too busy if I add the rest on the remaining sides. It’s fine with the 140 silks. Living with it for now while I think it over.

Reactions: HKsai
Ya that is what they told me. If I wrap I will lose the orange boarder and I don’t want to do that at all! It is currently stretched tight and has no wrinkles or sags, but just isn’t perfectly straight. Ugh, I guess I’ll just go with the version that the mat overlaps so it’s not so obvious? It’s so stunning I want to do it justice.Better picture of the overlapping below: View attachment 4216665

I have exactly the same scarf that I’m planning on getting framed! What colour frame did you go with?

In regards to the straightness of the edge, my mother framed ‘Into the Canadian Wild’ last year and I believe the framer placed the matting underneath the scarf, so as not to lose any hem. Is that an option for your framer?

This is beautiful! I don't really wear silk scarves but always love admiring their patterns. Maybe now I have an excuse to buy scarves. Do you think the framing would be be easy enough to DIY?

Thank you! I don’t wear silks either, but just loved this one! I had no idea about doing it yourself. I bet it can be done. They used fabric tape and stretched it really right. I wouldn’t have the first clue - honestly wasn’t terrible expensive though. I got museum glass and linen matting and it was about $300 to frame. It turned out being 44”x44”

Hi all! I have a jersey fluide scarf (90cm) that I do not wear and I think it would be great framed. Wondering if anyone can comment on how this material frames up? I am wondering since it's more "fluid" than the silk twills if it droops/sags in the frame over time.....

Thanks!!

I wanted to share the results of my Exceptional Tigre Royale Bandana scarf that was purchased at the Carre Club event. I want to especially thank @HKsai who was terrific in explaining the process of stitching the scarf to the mat. I was so buoyed by the success of his scarf framing, I hoped for a similar outcome on mine.

A local frame shop with excellent reviews was commissioned with the framing and I shared numerous photos from this thread and from @HKsai. They were a bit concerned about the challenge of sewing the scarf down, but having viewed alternate options we agreed to do the sew down to mat effect. We chose a greater depth frame a la shadow box style (about 1” deep) and the white silk mat is a close color to the bandana border. Super pleased with the final results and hope others share more success stories!

The original scarf unframed from the Carre Club event
F48B436D-8EDA-4B64-B703-D30408169A9E.jpeg

Final framed silk
049FD9AE-ED8E-4F16-9EC7-CB36DECFB79F.jpeg
30E3FABA-A1D0-40A6-BB87-58C3C53F5A24.jpeg
27D052C8-9C98-4D17-9026-9A8B5184ABFD.jpeg
F63154ED-E193-4133-9DF8-73DE9265A17E.jpeg
I will take detail photos in the morning when the light is better.