Motherboard Crown Frame Reveal

melsig

Apr 9, 2017
IMG_2870.JPG IMG_2872.JPG IMG_2874.JPG IMG_2875.JPG IMG_2879.JPG IMG_2884.JPG IMG_2885.JPG IMG_2886.JPG

So, much to my surprise, the Motherboard Crown Frame came up as "Place in Cart" on the website (US) on Friday, and I managed to grab it. With the rumors that the bag never made it to production, I was half expecting my order to be canceled, but it arrived today! :happydance: The circuit board print is clear, crisp and beautiful on the leather in person, and it has that wonderful leather smell to it. :hbeat: The strap is quite short and put the handle right under my armpit, which I don't like. I will either carry this by the handle or use a longer black strap (the black side of my Mono/Noir XL Bandouliere actually works very well). Also, I do find the clasp on the Crown Frame a little fiddly. (To be honest, I would have loved this print on an Alma.) So, in the end, the bag did make it to production! If anyone has more information regarding distribution of this piece, I'd definitely be interested in hearing it. Sorry for the dark pics, but it's been raining and there was very little natural light to work with...

Last edited:
WOW i cannot believe you managed to get your hands on this piece! Definitely a special one :heart:

Total random luck. I had it in my wishlist, since it's just as easy to check 4 items as 3. You should have seen my jaw drop when I saw "Place in Cart" - then I scrambled like a maniac to check out. :lol: The only downside is I was not expecting another big purchase and am totally on Ban Island now!

Reactions: SienaLady
Omg, omg, omg! This bag is absolutely stunning!

I heard production was substantially delayed on these, but still very limited. Anyway, enjoy! I need to go clean the drool off my phone now.

Haha, thank you @leechiyong! :heart: I did actually check the date on the bag - it was made the week of July 2nd, so it did make me wonder when the bags had actually gone on sale. Of course, now I have a dilemma, because the Nano Speedy arrived, too, and it is very cute!

View attachment 4218243 View attachment 4218244 View attachment 4218245 View attachment 4218253 View attachment 4218255 View attachment 4218256 View attachment 4218482 View attachment 4218483

So, much to my surprise, the Motherboard Crown Frame came up as "Place in Cart" on the website (US) on Friday, and I managed to grab it. With the rumors that the bag never made it to production, I was half expecting my order to be canceled, but it arrived today! :happydance: The circuit board print is clear, crisp and beautiful on the leather in person, and it has that wonderful leather smell to it. :hbeat: The strap is quite short and put the handle right under my armpit, which I don't like. I will either carry this by the handle or use a longer black strap (the black side of my Mono/Noir XL Bandouliere actually works very well). Also, I do find the clasp on the Crown Frame a little fiddly. (To be honest, I would have loved this print on an Alma.) So, in the end, the bag did make it to production! If anyone has more information regarding distribution of this piece, I'd definitely be interested in hearing it. Sorry for the dark pics, but it's been raining and there was very little natural light to work with...
It is stunning. A piece of art.

Haha, thank you @leechiyong! :heart: I did actually check the date on the bag - it was made the week of July 2nd, so it did make me wonder when the bags had actually gone on sale. Of course, now I have a dilemma, because the Nano Speedy arrived, too, and it is very cute!
That’s interesting it was made back in July. I’ve only seen two on instagram so far: one on a famous blogger who likely got hers early and one in a store in I think the UAE.

I’d keep both if at all possible. Both are unique and limited. That said, if you have to choose one, I vote this one. While micros/nanos will probably cycle back in the trends eventually, LV won’t release this print again. Also, I recall you liking the functionality of the PM, but it didn’t make your heart sing. Being larger, the Crown Frame may fit better for functionality while making your heart sing because of your affinity to technology.

That’s interesting it was made back in July. I’ve only seen two on instagram so far: one on a famous blogger who likely got hers early and one in a store in I think the UAE.

I’d keep both if at all possible. Both are unique and limited. That said, if you have to choose one, I vote this one. While micros/nanos will probably cycle back in the trends eventually, LV won’t release this print again. Also, I recall you liking the functionality of the PM, but it didn’t make your heart sing. Being larger, the Crown Frame may fit better for functionality while making your heart sing because of your affinity to technology.

That's a good point, thank you. I'm going to hold onto the Nano for a little while longer to see if I can swing it. (The whole situation would seem so much more reasonable if I hadn't recently bought the Time Trunk pieces as well. :angel:) The Reverse PM is definitely going back. I definitely don't love it as much as the other two pieces. I'm still a little stumped by how all of the bags on my wishlist became available within the same week... :wtf:

View attachment 4218243 View attachment 4218244 View attachment 4218245 View attachment 4218253 View attachment 4218255 View attachment 4218256 View attachment 4218482 View attachment 4218483

Wow! Lucky you! It is amazing:heart: With all of your luck you should get some lottery tickets soon!
I really wanted this bag when I saw it in the time trunk print, but was worried it was too small inside. I love the old fashioned style with the techno style mixed.
Congratulations :heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: melsig and whateve