new new-to-me Blake

I sold a caramel colored blake a few years ago and I regret it so much. I hope it is in good hands somewhere....

I have all my original MJ’s. The Blake is so versatile with that open middle compartment. I sometimes want to sell them to make space, but when I look at the quality and the craftsmanship of the earlier bags, I am still amazed and think it is hard to find that level of quality in bags now.

I have all my original MJ’s. The Blake is so versatile with that open middle compartment. I sometimes want to sell them to make space, but when I look at the quality and the craftsmanship of the earlier bags, I am still amazed and think it is hard to find that level of quality in bags now.
As someone who stupidly sold mine for like $150...i would say hold onto it! i wish i had the bag now instead of that low amount of cash!

Reactions: kellbell285585
not using this bag that much but took it out yesterday....seems maybe a bit ladylike or dressy for my current lifestyle. but I've always been one who thinks that doesn't matter. you can wear any bag with jeans, right?

I just put away my ivory Blake bag after giving it a good clean for storage :smile:. i definately wear with jeans :smile: and love it still
I carried my Blake for a week or so recently. Have to say with the suede lining it is a bit heavy. OK for just carrying short term but when I was grocery shopping and had it on my shoulder I felt it.

I carried my Blake for a week or so recently. Have to say with the suede lining it is a bit heavy. OK for just carrying short term but when I was grocery shopping and had it on my shoulder I felt it.
I get your point about the formality of the bag and the weight of it. I think you can rock it with a casual look, like jeans.
The suede lining and the weight of the bag you can’t really do much about. I carried a Sophia, lined with suede, as my daily bag on a vacation because I thought all the pockets would be really handy. They were, but it was so hot every time I put my hand down in that suede I met resistance. Still love that bag though.

Reactions: sdkitty