NEED A MULBERRY WORK BAG - which one?

Possum76

Jun 2, 2013
Please help - I work in a formal environment and I need a smart work bag. I wear mostly black. Thinking either of these. I don't want a really heavy bag - are the new Bays slightly lighter? OR Should I go for classic black? Thank you xs-l200 (1).jpg s-l200.jpg

I have been looking for the same thing from Mulberry, too, for work in a formal office. I have decided on a small zipped Bayswater in Oak. I think black, navy, or brown are the best colors for a formal office. I have read in these forums that they are lighter than the original model but I do not know by how much. I was hoping they might be included in a sale, but I guess not. I would pick the new Bayswater model, to be more fashion forward and get some of the newer features of the bag. The top bag you have pictured looks too casual for a work bag in my opinion.

I love my Bayswaters for work. I own mostly heritage bays and two new Bayswaters. I would recommend getting one. I own two black heritage bays, one is small classic grain with gold hardware and the other is black grainy print with silver hardware. They look so professional and still look great even with heavy use.

Hands down, my best office bag so far is the Bayswater double zip! The middle compartment is perfect for having your laptop in, and the two zippered compartments give me the comfort of having my wallet, phones etc. secure. I love it that you can carry it on your arm, shoulder or crossbody with the strap.

I wanted to link picture from Mulberry's website but did not find it there! I bought it less than a year ago - can't be that it's already been discontinued...?

Another suggestion would be the Seaton. I’ve had one for 10 months and it’s wearing really well, not a mark. The inside is very practical and the optional shoulder strap is useful for commuting as it has several carrying options. I have the black and it looks very smart for work.

However, I also have a heritage bays which I’d certainly recommend as it was my first mulberry and is such a classic.

Hands down, my best office bag so far is the Bayswater double zip! The middle compartment is perfect for having your laptop in, and the two zippered compartments give me the comfort of having my wallet, phones etc. secure. I love it that you can carry it on your arm, shoulder or crossbody with the strap.

I wanted to link picture from Mulberry's website but did not find it there! I bought it less than a year ago - can't be that it's already been discontinued...?

I love your bag! It is discontinued but they have some in the outlet store in York.