Share your 2018 bag offers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneaked a pic as my dear SA was filling out a repair form. Unfortunately, the bag was unable to come home with me after I paid for it.

STORY TIME: as my sa brought out the bag, it was still unopened in its original plastic seal. When she unveiled this holy grail mini c, we noticed some sticky residue as she took it out of the dust bag. It was sticky with some fibers of the dust bag stuck to it— it honestly reminded me of gum. She talked to the manager because we were unable to rub it off. They reassured me that they can fix it without any additional cost to me. I obviously couldn’t pass up such an amazing leather, so I said I would proceed with the purchase.

They are first sending the bag to a local leather repair shop to see if they can fix it. That is expected to take 3-4 weeks. Boxcalf is such a delicate leather, so we are unsure if the local artisan can fix it without any abrasions. If not, then we will send the bag to Paris. If Paris is unable to fix it there, they will remake the bag especially for me and send it to US. That is expected to take even longer, possibly 3-4 months. I asked if Paris can just send me an already-made box mini C, but she said no. For some reason they will have to remake the bag from scratch. Possibly because it’s a push offer?

ANYWAYS, sorry for the long story. What a roller coaster of emotions today. Has this happened to anyone else before? If you were in my shoes, would you also purchase this bag given the extra wait time for repair?

View attachment 4215167
The bag is gorgeous! I understand your pain.... myself.... no, I would not have bought the bag because I would want it to be perfect and not wait for repair of BN bag. BUT it is not my dream to own one of these so u did what was right for you.

Reactions: LovingTheOrange
Status
Not open for further replies.