Goyard Artois MM mod shots

I scoured this thread before buying the Artois MM from Goyard NM Chicago. Kind of had to guess at the size. I really wanted a comparison to the LV Neverfull MM, which I consider just about the right size. I didn't order the Artois PM because so many said it was just too small. I went with red, and it arrived today. No box, which is a surprise, since past Goyard purchases came with a box...just a dustbag in a shopping bag. It is lovely, but huge! I will have to get used to the size, as there are no returns or exchanges by mail, and I don't live anywhere near Chicago. For those who still have questions, here is the Artois MM next to the LV Neverfull MM. Just the bottom is so much longer as you can see from one of the photos with the LV bottom shaper base I have inside the Artois MM. Although the Artois does not look a lot larger in the photos, it is more so in person, as the zipper in the Artois keeps it more closed at the top, always showing its full length across, while the LV gaps open. it is also taller. While I really like it, I probably would have preferred the PM. Current price from Goyard US for the Artois MM special colors is $2645+ $25 shipping. No tax for most areas if shipped. The Artois PM in special colors is $2245, Black and tan is $1725. View attachment 4122332View attachment 4122333 View attachment 4122334
Beautiful red Artois!! Wow - the MM is bigger than I thought. Good to know that the PM may be a better every day style when you don't carry a lot.

I scoured this thread before buying the Artois MM from Goyard NM Chicago. Kind of had to guess at the size. I really wanted a comparison to the LV Neverfull MM, which I consider just about the right size. I didn't order the Artois PM because so many said it was just too small. I went with red, and it arrived today. No box, which is a surprise, since past Goyard purchases came with a box...just a dustbag in a shopping bag. It is lovely, but huge! I will have to get used to the size, as there are no returns or exchanges by mail, and I don't live anywhere near Chicago. For those who still have questions, here is the Artois MM next to the LV Neverfull MM. Just the bottom is so much longer as you can see from one of the photos with the LV bottom shaper base I have inside the Artois MM. Although the Artois does not look a lot larger in the photos, it is more so in person, as the zipper in the Artois keeps it more closed at the top, always showing its full length across, while the LV gaps open. it is also taller. While I really like it, I probably would have preferred the PM. Current price from Goyard US for the Artois MM special colors is $2645+ $25 shipping. No tax for most areas if shipped. The Artois PM in special colors is $2245, Black and tan is $1725. View attachment 4122332View attachment 4122333 View attachment 4122334

I had a very similar experience. I wasn’t able to make it to the store to try on the different sizes. Based on the handful of pictures I was able to find online, I was fairly certain the MM size would look best on me. I ended up ordering the MM sight unseen from NM Chicago. When it arrived, it was much bigger than I expected. The top of the bag was pretty much the same width as my Neverfull GM. The zipper on the Artois definitely expands the width if that makes any sense. I wish I had comparison pictures to post. I ended up taking a little road trip to Chicago and returned it. I got the PM instead. The PM is a better everyday bag for me. It holds a ton, but it’s definitely more of a purse. The MM, while gorgeous, looked more like a travel or work bag on me, and I have way too many of those already.

Reactions: earthygirl
I have fallen in love with the Artois MM from everyone’s posts and pictures. I flew to LA today for an unrelated appointment and stopped by the Goyard store in Beverly Hills (I’m from Seattle). I love the top zip and the fact that most of the bag is waterproof as that’s a HUGE factor for me. Seattle’s rain is no joke and too many bags have been ruined. I went in pretty unsure of how the MM would look since I’m 5’10” and athletic. It was the perfect size. I’ve always said I wish the neverfull had a size between the MM and GM and this is IT! I feel like anyone over 5’7” can carry this as an everyday tote. Anyone shorter may find it overwhelming unless you love large bags. To each their own so def go with what you love! Anyway, I went in for the burgundy color and actually thought it was too purple in person. I love the green SO much but it’s just not practical for what I need it for. I went with the full black. I bought it within like 5 minutes. That’s how functional and great this was. I also love how lightweight it is despite the corner leather pieces. It ended up at $2060. I opted to ship it to my house for $25 to avoid the $200 taxes. Since I wasn’t going to get to carry it around I got the free monogramming in pink. I opted for my MM initials in the center front. I’m not a huge fan of monograms but I think Goyard and LV do them well. I’ll update with pictures and mod shots when it arrives in 2-3 weeks! Thanks to everyone who wrote on this forum and helped me choose this! :smile:

Also, anyone going to the Beverly Hills location - they were SO nice. I stopped in like every single store (50% to shop and 50% for the amazing A/C on a hot LA day) and Goyard was the best. So attentive and sweet. The other shops, with the exception of LV, were so pretentious as usual.

Attachments

• 8E0AD3B1-993B-43D1-8642-CC3A4030FA27.jpeg
    8E0AD3B1-993B-43D1-8642-CC3A4030FA27.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 2,276
I have fallen in love with the Artois MM from everyone’s posts and pictures. I flew to LA today for an unrelated appointment and stopped by the Goyard store in Beverly Hills (I’m from Seattle). I love the top zip and the fact that most of the bag is waterproof as that’s a HUGE factor for me. Seattle’s rain is no joke and too many bags have been ruined. I went in pretty unsure of how the MM would look since I’m 5’10” and athletic. It was the perfect size. I’ve always said I wish the neverfull had a size between the MM and GM and this is IT! I feel like anyone over 5’7” can carry this as an everyday tote. Anyone shorter may find it overwhelming unless you love large bags. To each their own so def go with what you love! Anyway, I went in for the burgundy color and actually thought it was too purple in person. I love the green SO much but it’s just not practical for what I need it for. I went with the full black. I bought it within like 5 minutes. That’s how functional and great this was. I also love how lightweight it is despite the corner leather pieces. It ended up at $2060. I opted to ship it to my house for $25 to avoid the $200 taxes. Since I wasn’t going to get to carry it around I got the free monogramming in pink. I opted for my MM initials in the center front. I’m not a huge fan of monograms but I think Goyard and LV do them well. I’ll update with pictures and mod shots when it arrives in 2-3 weeks! Thanks to everyone who wrote on this forum and helped me choose this! :smile:

Also, anyone going to the Beverly Hills location - they were SO nice. I stopped in like every single store (50% to shop and 50% for the amazing A/C on a hot LA day) and Goyard was the best. So attentive and sweet. The other shops, with the exception of LV, were so pretentious as usual.
lovely! I'm eyeing the Artrois MM in black! The Bev hills store would be closest to me but I haven't visited yet. Thanks for all the info. Look forward to more photos of your gorgeous bag! :heart:

I first bought (ordered from Goyard Chicago since there is not one near me) the Artois MM in red (shown in previous post next to Neverfull MM. I thought it was huge, and the slight structuring made it slightly inconvenient to fit in some places (since the zipper goes across the top, the top edge does not easily bend or fold in). I wore it for awhile with a felt organizer that fit it perfectly, but really wanted it to be a tad smaller, as I never carry a laptop in it. So, I bit the bullet and ordered a PM in red from Goyard Chicago. It just came, and I am appalled at how small it is! I have photos of the two I am posting, but they don't show the huge difference in size. It seems MUCH smaller than the Neverfull, and much, much smaller than the Artois MM. Add to that the zipper at the top restricts access to the interior a bit, and the zipper pull with the Goyard logo is about ¼ of the size of the MM. It is beautiful in red, but after taking it out for a day, I realized that I prefer the MM and will sell the PM now. It is a great size for someone who prefers smaller bags (and it is not really small), but I guess I just like roomy bags. I had a clear base shaper made for it by UCrafty (they are on Amazon, Etsy, and eBay, and do great work), which I'll have to include with the bag when I sell. Also, the strap drop on the PM is about ½"-1" shorter than the MM (a bit less comfortable).IMG_2191.jpgIMG_2193 2.jpgIMG_2201 2.jpg IMG_2200 2.jpgIMG_2199 2.jpg IMG_2198 2.jpgIMG_2197 2.jpg IMG_2196 2.jpgIMG_2195 2.jpg IMG_2194 2.jpg

Last edited:
That's unfortunate that you do not like the PM, but it is definitely smaller for sure. Unfortunately, the Chicago NM Goyard return policy makes you come in person which is impossible if you live several states away.

Hello! I was in Monaco last week and bought a Goyard Artois MM and a St Louis GM. I will only keep one but can't decide which one to keep! I love them both! I love the zipper in the Artois and the longer strap drop. I love the slouchiness of the St Louis. Any pros and cons you could share if you have both?

Yesterday I ordered the Artois MM in grey from the SF store. I can't wait to receive it! In the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone on this thread can recommend a good base or insert for the bag?

Reactions: Jujubay
I’m looking for a new tote and want something neutral (black) but not just another black bag. Have been eyeing the Artois MM. Those of you that have it, would you recommend? I live in Chicago so it needs to be able to withstand all types of weather. My plan is to use it as a daily work bag but I think it’s big enough to put gym stuff in too. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this bag! TIA :smile:

Yesterday I ordered the Artois MM in grey from the SF store. I can't wait to receive it! In the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone on this thread can recommend a good base or insert for the bag?

OMG. I just order the same one yesterday. I already have one in red, and didn't need a base for that one.

I’m looking for a new tote and want something neutral (black) but not just another black bag. Have been eyeing the Artois MM. Those of you that have it, would you recommend? I live in Chicago so it needs to be able to withstand all types of weather. My plan is to use it as a daily work bag but I think it’s big enough to put gym stuff in too. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this bag! TIA :smile:

It's the perfect size for me. I'm 5'2, 140 lbs. It's my work purse and is holding up really well. Had it for about a year now, and I've carried everything from a surface laptop to gym clothing. It also makes a great traveling bag.

Reactions: jpezmom
It's the perfect size for me. I'm 5'2, 140 lbs. It's my work purse and is holding up really well. Had it for about a year now, and I've carried everything from a surface laptop to gym clothing. It also makes a great traveling bag.
Thanks so much for this info! I visit it at the boutique in Neimans often and am seriously thinking about bringing one home :biggrin:

Reactions: REAHKHAYE