Ralph lauren ricky club

Thanks for the comment! I'm pretty sure it's authentic. I'm far from an expert, but the quality SEEMS too great to be a knock off (but...famous last words, right?). The interior leather is the SOFTEST and the exterior of the bag is like nothing I've ever felt before...do I feel like it is genuine alligator (as it was advertised). This is by far my nicest bag (was told it was $26k new...YIKES!!!) and frankly I would snuggle it, but my husband would probably have me committed. I think it was a great find and I would very much love to find out more about it.
I believe it! It really does look beautiful! Congrats on such a steal! I bought my Ricky secondhand but I could tell it was authentic by how luxurious mine felt as well. Truly amazing quality handbags at a reasonable price point (well, compared to the Hermes Birkin, for example!)

I believe it! It really does look beautiful! Congrats on such a steal! I bought my Ricky secondhand but I could tell it was authentic by how luxurious mine felt as well. Truly amazing quality handbags at a reasonable price point (well, compared to the Hermes Birkin, for example!)

I recently watched a YouTube video about a first time purchaser of a Birkin at Hermes FSH in Paris. It is truly astounding how difficult it is to purchase that bag...appointments, "interrogations:, etc. I have never heard of such a thing...it blew my mind a bit!

My much beloved Ricky has developed quite a bit of patina, especially on the back handle! I tried cleaning a section of it using Tumi leather cleaner, and I think it made a difference! I'll post a before and after picture when I finish :smile:

Attachments

• 4CAA2265-8678-4590-9BDA-A68F5C5B4909.jpeg
    4CAA2265-8678-4590-9BDA-A68F5C5B4909.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 7292D8DB-12B7-4393-B411-148C261BC4E8.jpeg
    7292D8DB-12B7-4393-B411-148C261BC4E8.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: Mariapia
My much beloved Ricky has developed quite a bit of patina, especially on the back handle! I tried cleaning a section of it using Tumi leather cleaner, and I think it made a difference! I'll post a before and after picture when I finish :smile:

I'll be interested to see the results! There is a Ricky on eBay right now with the whip-stitchinglike yours has and I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy it, but it's not the right time for me to buy an expensive bag.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I'll be interested to see the results! There is a Ricky on eBay right now with the whip-stitchinglike yours has and I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy it, but it's not the right time for me to buy an expensive bag.
Here's the end result! Almost imperceptible, haha! But I enjoyed the process of cleaning my bag and in person the handle looks way cleaner so I'm happy :smile: The leather does feel a bit dry, but I'm sure that with use it'll soften up again. I probably would hesitate to this to the overall body of my bag.

I really recommend getting one!! It's fiddly to get into and it's a bit heavy even in the 27 size, but I love it so much for the design and quality. It might be my favorite bag of my collection. It took me a few months to save up to, and it's the most I've spent on a bag, but well worth it. Hopefully they drop the price of the one you're eyeing! I got mine on Vestiaire Collective, and there were two others in the same style listed. I even put in an offer and they accepted, so maybe you'll be able to find a style and color that works for you at a price that's not too bad!

Attachments

• 6CD3DF78-8D00-46DB-B579-94E24D381502.jpeg
    6CD3DF78-8D00-46DB-B579-94E24D381502.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: Mariapia
Here's the end result! Almost imperceptible, haha! But I enjoyed the process of cleaning my bag and in person the handle looks way cleaner so I'm happy :smile: The leather does feel a bit dry, but I'm sure that with use it'll soften up again. I probably would hesitate to this to the overall body of my bag.

I really recommend getting one!! It's fiddly to get into and it's a bit heavy even in the 27 size, but I love it so much for the design and quality. It might be my favorite bag of my collection. It took me a few months to save up to, and it's the most I've spent on a bag, but well worth it. Hopefully they drop the price of the one you're eyeing! I got mine on Vestiaire Collective, and there were two others in the same style listed. I even put in an offer and they accepted, so maybe you'll be able to find a style and color that works for you at a price that's not too bad!

Hey! I can tell a difference...it does look better!

Is the strap something you would use? If so, I would wait. If not, then if the price is right HECK YEAH! Buy the sucker! It's so hard to wait sometimes when it's something you really want.

Strap is a must. When I use the mini I setup ch between the handle and strap all the time.

With the 33 not so much because of the size but it does get used.

I say buy!! I love mine and is's lighter than the 33, but still fits all my essentials!

I have been using the heck out of my mini the last few weeks. I’m down to using just a card holder as my wallet which does get rid of some weight.

Ever since that I feel like the 33 is just too big though I will most likely never part with it. I actually just pulled her back out this week but I’ll be using the mini tomorrow since I have a bunch of errands to run. IMG_4939.jpg

I have been using the heck out of my mini the last few weeks. I’m down to using just a card holder as my wallet which does get rid of some weight.

Ever since that I feel like the 33 is just too big though I will most likely never part with it. I actually just pulled her back out this week but I’ll be using the mini tomorrow since I have a bunch of errands to run. View attachment 4211048
The mini is precious! I am with you…I can't imagine letting go of my beauty. It's a true HG for me. I think your 33 would be great for work or travel (although maybe the canvas ricky works better for that?)- I hope you still find use out of it :flowers:

The mini is precious! I am with you…I can't imagine letting go of my beauty. It's a true HG for me. I think your 33 would be great for work or travel (although maybe the canvas ricky works better for that?)- I hope you still find use out of it :flowers:
Oh I have a slightly bigger canvas ricky my mom got me for Christmas that I use for travel.

I have actually been using the 33 (I call her big blue) for a few weeks now. Since there's not much in it it's pretty light. I do want to maybe find a shaper thing to put in it though so it holds the shape better. My 33 and my mini will be two bags that I keep forever. I have never loved a bag like I love these two.

I think I have decided that my next purchase will be the celine luggage nano here in the next few months. I'm thinking maybe an olive color.

Oh I have a slightly bigger canvas ricky my mom got me for Christmas that I use for travel.

I have actually been using the 33 (I call her big blue) for a few weeks now. Since there's not much in it it's pretty light. I do want to maybe find a shaper thing to put in it though so it holds the shape better. My 33 and my mini will be two bags that I keep forever. I have never loved a bag like I love these two.

I think I have decided that my next purchase will be the celine luggage nano here in the next few months. I'm thinking maybe an olive color.
Yes, my Ricky 27 is quite slouchy as well! I've always admired the Celine luggage bags - looking forward to seeing pics if you ever decide to get it!

Yes, my Ricky 27 is quite slouchy as well! I've always admired the Celine luggage bags - looking forward to seeing pics if you ever decide to get it!

I will be sure to post! I’m trying to figure out what color I want. I’m thinking olive. Leather is a must.

Since I just got married and also bought a car in the same month I need to space this purchase out from those two things a bit lol