Designer shoes for starters - what’s on your list?

I’m just venturing into designer shoes so quite careful of adding only classics so far.

My first designer shoe buy was Gucci Jordan loafers. Since then, I’ve added Chanel metallic gold/black two tone slingbacks, Chanel beige/black ballerinas and Chanel navy suede combat boots (new purchase, waiting for winter). I’m thinking of adding some Chanel sneakers but not quite ready yet. I have two pairs of Golden Goose superstars but don’t find them that comfortable.

Weirdly I tend to be more careful with my designer branded shoes even though I’ve spent just as much on non-luxe brands (I love Martiniano glove flats and glove heels and have 6 pairs and some cost as much as my Gucci loafers and Chanel ballerinas.)

Thinking now of adding some patent Chanel ballerinas for rainy days.

I’d recommend Lanvin ballet flats, I have a nude patent pair and they’re beautiful and comfortable, as well as low-key if you prefer to wear Designer slightly under the radar.
Jimmy Choo wedges are wonderful, I have a pair of Portia 120mm which are easy to walk in.

I’d recommend Lanvin ballet flats, I have a nude patent pair and they’re beautiful and comfortable, as well as low-key if you prefer to wear Designer slightly under the radar.
Jimmy Choo wedges are wonderful, I have a pair of Portia 120mm which are easy to walk in.
Lanvin ballerinas (if you don't mind resales) are ridiculously cheap to buy. You can easily score some for under $100 on the resale sites.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Curious what you ladies would classify as the best designer shoes to invest in?

I am looking to build a solid collection of timeless, go to pieces. I’ve starting to list things I really want to save for it but am always at a cross between styles/colours.

My current wish list is:
-Gucci Brixton loafers (black)

-Valentino rock stud pumps (can’t decide between kitten/100 mm in patent or pebbled)

-Valentino sandals

-Chanel Espadrilles & ballerina flats (black satin/all black)

-Giovanni Rossi Plexi Pump (black/nude)

-YSL tribute pumps (colour tbd)

-Hermes Oran sandal (brown/black)

-Chloe Susanna booties (gold/black hardware)

Nice list! Re the Valentino, I have two pairs of the kitten heels and love the height and style; I wear both pairs so much and will definitely be adding more to my collection soon.

I think it might be nice to add some colour; when I started out I stuck mainly with black/nude/metallics, but have found that colour can actually be pretty versatile.

Others you might want to consider are the Aquazurra Christy or Belgravia flats (or pumps); I find these super versatile (they can easily be dressed up or down which I like) and extremely comfortable.

I also love my Nicholas Kirkwood Beya flats; they feel like slippers on, the leather is so so supple.

I also think a delicate heeled sandal can be nice; JC and Gina are my go-to for this style. I also love the MB Chaos but it was too narrow on the front strap for my foot (and I have narrow feet!); SW Nudist is also nice.

Reactions: Catash
Nice list! Re the Valentino, I have two pairs of the kitten heels and love the height and style; I wear both pairs so much and will definitely be adding more to my collection soon.

I think it might be nice to add some colour; when I started out I stuck mainly with black/nude/metallics, but have found that colour can actually be pretty versatile.

Others you might want to consider are the Aquazurra Christy or Belgravia flats (or pumps); I find these super versatile (they can easily be dressed up or down which I like) and extremely comfortable.

I also love my Nicholas Kirkwood Beya flats; they feel like slippers on, the leather is so so supple.

I also think a delicate heeled sandal can be nice; JC and Gina are my go-to for this style. I also love the MB Chaos but it was too narrow on the front strap for my foot (and I have narrow feet!); SW Nudist is also nice.
I have Aquazurra Christy and Belgravia in kitten heels and Nicholas Kirkwood Beya flats. They are awesome!

Reactions: abrajnosi
I have Aquazurra Christy and Belgravia in kitten heels and Nicholas Kirkwood Beya flats. They are awesome!

I'd like the kitten heel Christy, are they comfortable? I also like the Dancer style (with the block heel), I think they'd be great for work/shopping.
My NK Beya's are SO comfortable. Really need some more. Have my eye on the orange ones for a fun pop of colour.

As others have noted, your list is great! I too have many that you have mentioned:

Gucci Princetowns in black and brown (no fur)
Valentino Rockstud kitten heels in black
Valentino Rockstud sandals/flip flops in blush and black
Chanel espadrilles in beige/black, black and navy
Chanel ballerinas in various classic colors
Hermes Oran Sandals in Gold
*Also can recommend Christian Louboutin Simples, New Decoltissimo in Patent and Maryjane style heels (85mm heel height) and booties (85)

There are quite a few others that I have too...The important thing is that I have not regretted purchasing any of them! They do elevate any outfit and are timeless classics. If you do decide to get any of the ones you listed, find a good cobbler to keep them in good shape and increase longevity. What a fun journey you are embarking upon. Enjoy and best of luck deciding

What do you recommend to be done at a cobbler? :smile:

What do you recommend to be done at a cobbler? :smile:

As rdgldy noted, a good cobbler is definitely great to have on speed dial for general maintenance if you have already worn your shoes and after a time, find that they are scuffed, the leather torn on the heel or the sole is thinning or wearing down. A cobbler can also add vibram soles to new or old/worn soles to increase longevity and to help with slippage. I just had virbram soles added to 2 paris of Louboutins and a pair of Valentinos. The cobbler also added new leather heel tips as they had worn down on 2 pairs. If you decide to invest any of the luxury brands we've been chatting about, longevity is of the upmost importance considering the price. Good luck and happy shopping!

nice list! I was also having a hard time choosing between louboutin, jimmy choo and valentino rockstud. After trying everything I chose valentino. But planning on getting a jimmy choo also in near future. I find the ysl tribute to be so simple so that one is out on my list.