Would you rehab this bag??

Reactions: dgphoto and whateve

Of course I would!

Salarea is a great vendor and I am sure that the bag will look 1000% better after a vigorous trip to the spa, but I noticed in one photo that there are a couple of tiny spots where the piping has started to wear through. I am sure that some fabric glue would stabilize those areas but it makes me wonder about the overall condition of the piping in general; just how thin, worn, and dry is it really?

Still, a British Tan NYC Stewardess bag would be a great rehab project for someone - if they can get it for a good price!

Reactions: Lake Effect
Salarea is a great vendor and I am sure that the bag will look 1000% better after a vigorous trip to the spa, but I noticed in one photo that there are a couple of tiny spots where the piping has started to wear through. I am sure that some fabric glue would stabilize those areas but it makes me wonder about the overall condition of the piping in general; just how thin, worn, and dry is it really?

Still, a British Tan NYC Stewardess bag would be a great rehab project for someone - if they can get it for a good price!
I didn't realize it was Salearea. He offered me free shipping once but I bet he wouldn't remember.

Reactions: katev

Of course I would!

I didn't realize it was Salearea. He offered me free shipping once but I bet he wouldn't remember.

I now try to walk away from British Tan and other light-colored bags that are in bad shape, even if they are cheap, because I am unlikely to be completely satisfied with the results. Unfortunately I occasionally weaken and give in to temptation. Below is an old thread showing how I learned that lesson after attempting to rehab 5 British Tan bags with mixed success.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-5-tan-bags-rehab-reveal.729945/

Whenever, I see an enthusiastic new rehabber wanting to start with a light-colored difficult bag, I try to suggest an easier, dark-colored project first. Not that it is a bad thing to be ambitious, but sometimes you can do a lot of work, and end up unwilling to carry the bag because the results aren't what you hoped for - at least that is true for me.

So even though that British Tan Stewardess is tempting, I would probably say "It's not for me, but good luck, and I hope that it finds a good home!"

Last edited:
Not that it is a bad thing to be ambitious, but sometimes you can do a lot of work, and end up unwilling to carry the bag because the results aren't what you hoped for - at least that is true for me.
^^^^We should start a 10 commandments of rehabbing.
My thoughts exactly Katev.
I often can't predict how easy or hard a rehab will be. Some come out perfectly with very little work, and some develop stains I didn't see before.
I stay away from things that need restitching.
I am not afraid of worn corners, even if there are holes.
I am afraid of worn edge coating (newer bags) because I can never repair it to be completely smooth, although I keep trying.
I shy away from whites and bone colors unless the bags are spotless, both because these are hard to rehab and because I don't wear these colors much.
I would rather rehab a BT or red over black even though it is harder, because I have enough black bags.
I said I would never buy a bag that had noticeable ink on the exterior but then I bought one because I had a coupon and needed to spend more in order to use the coupon. I figured that made the ink stained bag free.

Not that it is a bad thing to be ambitious, but sometimes you can do a lot of work, and end up unwilling to carry the bag because the results aren't what you hoped for - at least that is true for me.
^^^^We should start a 10 commandments of rehabbing.
My thoughts exactly Katev.
Lol I think my only commandment is dunk first and ask later :lol:
Hmmm . . . I guess I could use a few commandments!

Lol I think my only commandment is dunk first and ask later :lol:
Hmmm . . . I guess I could use a few commandments!

Only 10 Commandments? Between all of us rehabbers, we could write an entire Gospel! Well, here's few off the top of my head:

Breaking this commandment is a Mortal Sin, and I'm ashamed to say that have committed it many times - don't buy until you get the bag authenticated! Or at least make sure that you will be able to return it!

And although I have broken this commandment several times - I keep resolving to abide by it in the future - don't buy the bag if the strap is missing!

Here's another one - avoid bags that smell like cigarettes or mold - because they will make you suffer.

And another - if the bag looks like it has been treated with shoe polish - use the shoes on your feet to run, not walk, in the other direction!

And I've thought of one more - don't buy a monogrammed bag - unless by some miracle you come across a bag that was monogrammed with your exact initials! Or maybe with your Mother's initials!

Last edited: