Scarves Ardmore Artists Fan Club

bunnycat

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2024
O.G.
Oct 14, 2013
With the Fall 2018 release of Baobab Cat, it seemed like the time is right for Ardmore Artists to have a fan club (and try out our new prefix tag!).

I started researching them a few months ago and though they are known for ceramics they certainly have a few collaborations under their belt, including the ones with Hermes.

Their website is fun to look at:
http://ardmoreceramics.co.za/

And in looking there, I can see very clearly the relation of the scarf motifs they have worked with to their ceramic work.

At the moment, I only have a few of their designs. Savanna Dance in twilly and pocket square, and of course, Baobab Cat. But I am excited to see everyone's collections from this and previous seasons.

Here's a planter that has the same motif as Savanna Dance (pic courtesy of the Armore Artist website):

http://ardmoreceramics.co.za/ceramics/leopard-planter/

ardmoreplanter.jpg

Pocket Square CW 11 (noir/vert/multi) and twilly CW 05 (rouge/parme/corail)
savanadancex2.jpg

savana1.jpg savannasummer.jpg

And Baobab Cat CW 16 rose vif/prune/gris

baobabfull.jpg

baobab3.jpg

Plus here is some extra info on the Baobab tree from eliwon in the Fall 2018 scarf thread:

Many people on here probably know more about baobab trees than I do, but I found this article interesting - nice to learn a little bit about one of H’s scarf motives :smile: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places...utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=atlas-page

Can't wait to see everyone's pics!

I haven't brought the cat(s) home yet but I love Ardmore Artists! Let me join the scarf fun with some archive photos from previous seasons.

My very first from them,

The Savana Dance 70

IMG_5510.jpg

And then I added 3 La Marche du Zambeze

This design is magnifiscent!
Hmmm.... I just realized I don't have photos of my red CW. Maybe I should do it this weekend!

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4480.jpg IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_9910.JPG

Then I added the Savana Dance CSGM

Need some in action photos for this lovely scarf at some point! The color palette on this particular scarf feels so "cuddly".

IMG_5511.JPG

Then of course the Savana Dance twilly! I really gave my SA hard time to find the second silver CW to make it a pair. I have the silver, lilac, and the green ones all in pairs. I like to wear this design on myself. I only have the photo of the lilac for now.

IMG_9496.jpg

I haven't brought the cat(s) home yet but I love Ardmore Artists! Let me join the scarf fun with some archive photos from previous seasons.

My very first from them,

The Savana Dance 70

View attachment 4166922

And then I added 3 La Marche du Zambeze

This design is magnifiscent!
Hmmm.... I just realized I don't have photos of my red CW. Maybe I should do it this weekend!

View attachment 4166924 View attachment 4166925 View attachment 4166926

View attachment 4166932

Then I added the Savana Dance CSGM

Need some in action photos for this lovely scarf at some point! The color palette on this particular scarf feels so "cuddly".

View attachment 4166937

Then of course the Savana Dance twilly! I really gave my SA hard time to find the second silver CW to make it a pair. I have the silver, lilac, and the green ones all in pairs. I like to wear this design on myself. I only have the photo of the lilac for now.

View attachment 4166947

I love the contrast hem on your Savanna Dance! (Is it Parme? It has that pretty pinky purple look.)

And your CW of Marche du Zambeze is really spectacular!

I missed out on one of the twillies. Wish I'd known at the time. After I got the rouge and parme one, I saw the cappucine one and boy, I really should have sprung for a second one! But I am a-ok with the pocket square as my second! :yes:

Reactions: cavalla
How can I forget about The Savana Dance moussies!!

I couldn't let go any of these three. I have to confess that I wasn't a huge fan of this design when it first came out but then it kept growing on me and it's so easy to wear. Eventually I wanted to get them whenever I hear the name! The color play on the leopard and the monkey always bring some surprise in a nice way!

IMG_0969.jpg IMG_1202.jpg IMG_1209.jpg

This was another CW that was really high on my list. So pretty!

I couldn't let go any of these three. I have to confess that I wasn't a huge fan of this design when it first came out but then it kept growing on me and it's so easy to wear. Eventually I wanted to get them whenever I hear the name! The color play on the leopard and the monkey always bring some surprise in a nice way!

View attachment 4166979 View attachment 4166980 View attachment 4166981

Oh yes- I really loved the green based one! So bright and fresh!

View attachment 4166979 View attachment 4166980 View attachment 4166981

The moussies are dreamy. :love:

I love the contrast hem on your Savanna Dance! (Is it Parme? It has that pretty pinky purple look.)

And your CW of Marche du Zambeze is really spectacular!

I missed out on one of the twillies. Wish I'd known at the time. After I got the rouge and parme one, I saw the cappucine one and boy, I really should have sprung for a second one! But I am a-ok with the pocket square as my second! :yes:

Yes, the color of the hem is in that direction, some intricate lilacky color. I remember the twillies really flew out of the window like nothing! I was lucky to find the green pair at an airport somewhat recently. I didn't dare to open the pocket square pandora box. This design is dangerous. Once you get one, you want more and more and more! I'm seeing that Baobab Cat possibly have the same effect. I'm trying to get them towards the end of the season! :P

Reactions: bunnycat
Yes, the color of the hem is in that direction, some intricate lilacky color. I remember the twillies really flew out of the window like nothing! I was lucky to find the green pair at an airport somewhat recently. I didn't dare to open the pocket square pandora box. This design is dangerous. Once you get one, you want more and more and more! I'm seeing that Baobab Cat possibly have the same effect. I'm trying to get them towards the end of the season! :P

yes- I fear I may yet stalk a particular pocket square if it ever comes up on line....and damn the torpedoes!