Somewhat odd question about champagne served in LV stores

May 18, 2015
Does anyone know the LV store champagne serving policy? I mean how do they determine which customers get served champagne? Also, what brand of champagne is served?

I was at an LV store today and noticed some customers got served the bubbly stuff, but not others. Not that I was looking for a glass myself (not fond of it) :smile:

They serve it to anyone at SA's discretion. Clients can ask for it too. They have a variety of beverage to entertain guests: water, sparkling water, sodas, tea, coffee, champagne and hard liquors like cognac or whiskey. You can ask for any of those when the SA ask you if you want to something to drink. As for champagne brands probably Moët or Ruinart as they are part of the LVMH family.

There isn't a policy. They are just beverages. But usually, SA will offer it to clients who are waiting, having a special occasion or have been spending quite some time in the store to make a purchase, regardless of the amount.

Last edited:
I find it really depends on the SA but I’ve always been offered a drink if I actively engage in conversation with the SA ( topics being fashion, philosophy of design, influence of social media, etc...).

Last edited:
Reactions: p3b
Some boutiques offer drinks when the client has to wait, e.g. your SA is attending to another client or if you're waiting for an item to be hot stamped. You may ask for drink if you want one.

Most SAs in my home boutique know me and a drink is offered as soon as I enter (and to a casual observer that may seem odd). To add to Redenkeew's list of beverages, LV serves orange juice, too. :amuse:

LOL I have only been offered water, which is still nice, but only when I have purchased and am waiting for them to package the item :smile: I dont expect anything and usually decline. I dont need to be the one to spill my bottled water on a new bag. The boutique I frequent is a smaller one inside a mall in Mass.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I drink and am always offered one. Mostly they serve Moet Brut Imperial, occasionally the Rose version. I am not a fan of Moet so my store manager usually pours in Ruinart blanc de blanc (their high(er) end champagne when he is around. For parties and events, that I attended, I noticed that they served blanc de blanc too :drinks::panic::loveeyes:

I get offered champagne from the Chicago store but not the Seattle/Bellevue store. My SA told me that they can’t serve alcohol anymore because someone reported them for serving alcohol without a liquor license.

Reactions: katieny
I always get offered something to drink even though I don’t spend that much money compared to others. Most of the time I choose tea instead, though. My LV serves Moët Nectar Imperial, which I love.

Reactions: katieny