Crochet handle covers, yay or nay

Verple26

Jun 21, 2018
Has anyone used these? Seems to be a perfect solution for my speedy handles but how do they look in real life? Anybody a fan, or not? Anybody with photos please share if possible .in my area there's only one lady making them and pretty reasonable I'm just not sure if they're a right style for me.

While I am personally not a fan of the look, I don't think I would look negatively upon anyone who chose to use them. As with everything, if YOU like it, do it! I certainly feel that the look can work for some :smile:

While I am personally not a fan of the look, I don't think I would look negatively upon anyone who chose to use them. As with everything, if YOU like it, do it! I certainly feel that the look can work for some :smile:
I agree, there are some ladies who have a cutesy look to them, even if it’s nothing I would wear, I can appreciate them having their own style and doing their thing.
I don’t do twillies either but it looks nice on other people, I say do what you like, why not?

Those are interesting, the "love handles". I mean, I haven't bought any of these crochet covers, because I don't necessarily like them, although I can appreciate the effort made ...it's just not a style that I feel goes with a purse of any price range, really. I'm not exactly a huge fan of twilly wraps either, but I probably just need to get a better quality or different material; there's a huge price gap and only a few different types local to me.

Reactions: hermeslady
Has anyone used these? Seems to be a perfect solution for my speedy handles but how do they look in real life? Anybody a fan, or not? Anybody with photos please share if possible .in my area there's only one lady making them and pretty reasonable I'm just not sure if they're a right style for me.

I haven’t seen them in person, but a lot of people make and sell them online for a pretty low price.
I’m not a fan personally, I think it takes away from the bag a little. But that’s just my opinion. I know a lot of people do buy them. They sell on Mercari all the time.
It does seem like a great way to protect the handles if you have vachetta.
But wouldn’t the rest of your bag patina at a different rate since the handles would be covered?

Reactions: Verple26
I dont like the look of those at all. Reminds me of something my nana would use. I understand the struggle of vachetta though. I got tired of worrying about it so it got to the point where I would only buy LV's without it.

Reactions: vinbenphon1