You by Crocs

Jillian Dollars

Kitty Sniper
O.G.
Jul 28, 2006
So I know there has been a lot of debate here about whether or not we can enjoy the comfiness of crocs even if it means dealing the unbearable ugliness of crocs. Apparently the manufacturers have heard us and are putting out a line this fall of more "fashion friendly" shoes called "YOU by Crocs." After viewing the line, my basic impression is that they aren't ugly but they are kind of boring. I will probably give in and buy a pair or two to wear to work after a particularly tough dance class the night before or when my blister/infection prone feet are screaming at me for a brief repose from the business shoe torture to which I usually subject them. It will probably come down to pricing for me since I can't see myself shelling out a lot for these. The rumors I have heard are $150-$300 and that seems a bit much for what they are. I'd rather spend that amount on Cole Haan's air series. Anyone else have thoughts?

http://www.youbycrocs.com/

Some examples (I think they look best in black but there were no images of the black that I could figure out how to copy - you can see them on the site above) :

crocs_shoes_nightcap_poppy_450.jpg

crocs_boots_withatwist_450.jpg

crocs_boots_highball_pewter_450.jpg

Won't be available for purchase until Sept of 07.

I like the maryjane styles and would be perfect work, but i guess i'm still "iffy" about these shoes...maybe when they actually hit stores i will decide then :shrugs:

I don't love them, but I don't feel distain towards them either. I doubt I'd wear them, but for those who do like crocs, but all means those are the most fantastic thing ever considering the original product...

not floatin' my boat but I wouldn't rule it out either!

I have a pair of bright pink mary jane style crocs from my SIL and while they are super comfy I am not brave enough to go run errands with them yet. right now they are my taking out the garbage shoes, LOL.

They look like normal shoes, acceptable to wear outside. It's the crocs that were meant for gardening worn otherwise that some ppl take offense to.

I nearly gave my BF a nervous breakdown this July 4th when I suggested I was going to purchase a pair of crocs and wear them outdoors. We had been walking around the entire day, from one Expo to another with his family and my 100mm jeweled Manolos were NOT made for such travel. Then, it started to rain. There was NO WAY IN HELL I was getting my precious jeweled Mannies wet AND dirty, so we stopped at a Target and BF picked up a pair of flipflops for me to wear running to and from the car. In his world, flipflops are JUST shy of acceptable outdoor wear, but Crocs would have been the death of him. LOL