Rose Gold Wedding Ring/Engagement Ring

That one is a nice diamond but it's not a hearts & arrows. Do you have a hard budget?

Check out the sparkle on this one, also J/VS, very close in size:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4013671.htm

Here's one on JA, you'd need to ask them to confirm it is eye clean though first since it's SI:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-si1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-3634657

Hi Op you're too funny. Would never do that to anyone much less a TPF friend.

While I agree this isn't a hearts and arrows diamond, you need to be happy with your gem -- be so happy each time you look at it :smile:

If you are after size (carat weight) against a budget then we can be real as to what to recommend. I think this gem is severely underpriced but I would not go for it. I can already see it won't sparkle enough and being over 2 carats, the color and flaws are more noticeable.

Keep looking I'd say! There is a gem out there for you! Don't rush!!

Reactions: iheartpandora
Hi Op you're too funny. Would never do that to anyone much less a TPF friend.

While I agree this isn't a hearts and arrows diamond, you need to be happy with your gem -- be so happy each time you look at it :smile:

If you are after size (carat weight) against a budget then we can be real as to what to recommend. I think this gem is severely underpriced but I would not go for it. I can already see it won't sparkle enough and being over 2 carats, the color and flaws are more noticeable.

Keep looking I'd say! There is a gem out there for you! Don't rush!!

The colors and flaws show up because you're looking at a huge magnification. FWIW, my diamond shown above is a J/SI1 and 2.15 ct. It's fully eye clean and you can see how white it looks. I would contact the customer service at JA or WF and say you're looking for a H&A RB and tell them your budget and preferred size and they can notify you when one comes in with those specs. That's how we got mine.

^It's up to OP if that is what she wants. We all have different priorities.

For me, this gem isn't singing out to me - it might be eye clean (but can't tell from here) but I can see some spots and haze magnified that would just bother me because it isn't mind clean. Again that is just me.

If OP is happy then I am happy :smile: That being said I think this is not bad but there's more out there...

That one is a nice diamond but it's not a hearts & arrows. Do you have a hard budget?

Check out the sparkle on this one, also J/VS, very close in size:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4013671.htm

Here's one on JA, you'd need to ask them to confirm it is eye clean though first since it's SI:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-si1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-3634657
Those are a little out of our range. Hoping to get the setting and the diamond for about $14k. That is why I was so happy when the one I found was a 2 on the HCA.

The colors and flaws show up because you're looking at a huge magnification. FWIW, my diamond shown above is a J/SI1 and 2.15 ct. It's fully eye clean and you can see how white it looks. I would contact the customer service at JA or WF and say you're looking for a H&A RB and tell them your budget and preferred size and they can notify you when one comes in with those specs. That's how we got mine.
Good idea!

This one looks promising. I would ask someone who works there to look at it in person and ask how its performance compares to a H&A and if it would be close to making the cut. Many articles say to use the HCA as a rejection tool not a selection tool.

I prefer this one over the first one too. It appears more eye clean, but agree that you need to check performance against a super ideal.

Have you tried rare carat? I am not recommending it as I've not tried it but I've seen it around a lot on my ads (as DH and I are buying earrings) -- thought it might be a possibile source in case.

I prefer this one over the first one too. It appears more eye clean, but agree that you need to check performance against a super ideal.

Have you tried rare carat? I am not recommending it as I've not tried it but I've seen it around a lot on my ads (as DH and I are buying earrings) -- thought it might be a possibile source in case.
I will check it out!

I will check it out!
Just want to encourage you not to rule out a diamond that may have spots in the 100x magnification video--it could be perfectly eye clean! If you care about "mind clean" like poster above then it is not for you, and that is fine, but if not, you may find a beautiful eye clean H&A diamond that shows spots/lines in the magnification. Ask the customer service to confirm for you first.

Your first diamond is possibly a great value for the size. I notice the brown tint but that is preferable to the yellow tint of your second choice. The 2 HCA score just means it is worth considering. I noticed both stones have strong fluorescence...they will perform quite differently in sunlight, possibly looking whiter but also possibly looking cloudy, misty. This is the problem with buying online. In a store you could look at the stones side by side in varying light situations. I would never buy an important stone online but good luck to you.