The Sophisticated Selma club!

Where is the best place to buy a Selma in a color that is no longer offered on the Michael Kors website. I want it in cranberry.
There are quite a few medium Selmas in Cranberry on EBay.com right now! I always look for a seller with close to 100% positive feedback, and I check their feedback as well to see what items they're selling. If they're selling mainly contemporary bags and have received good feedback for them, I usually buy from them.

Thank for the advice. This would be my first MK bag. I'm just sared of getting a fake one on eBay.
I usually get the bag authenticated here before I buy it (authentication thread and instructions here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-michael-kors.895098/). I've bought some bags without authenticating here first, but the sellers had great feedback and were longtime sellers of bags. As it's your first, you might not know what to look for in the images the sellers have put on EBay, so I think you'll feel more confident in your purchase if you get it authenticated here first before buying.

Dear all Selma owners,
I have recently purchased a medium black Selma with silver hardware. I love the bag but worried it might be a bit heavy? Does anyone else find it heavy? It does seem to be a really good size bag for every day use without worrying about the weather and sticky fingers from my children :biggrin:
Is there an alternative MK bag that is similar to the Selma but a bit lighter?
Many thanks in advance :smile:

Dear all Selma owners,
I have recently purchased a medium black Selma with silver hardware. I love the bag but worried it might be a bit heavy? Does anyone else find it heavy? It does seem to be a really good size bag for every day use without worrying about the weather and sticky fingers from my children :biggrin:
Is there an alternative MK bag that is similar to the Selma but a bit lighter?
Many thanks in advance :smile:

I have a medium black with silver as well and love it. I do think it can feel a bit heavy when it's all loaded up with stuff, but I've still used it a ton. I think it's mostly the stiffer saffiano coated leather strap/handles that make it dig in a bit, since the bag itself isn't heavy at all when it's empty. It only really bothers me when I have to carry it for long periods of time. I don't have any particular recommendations except take a look at the medium Selma messenger style (would be smaller and lighter) or just other softer leather MK satchel styles (which would be softer on your arm/shoulder)?

I have a medium black with silver as well and love it. I do think it can feel a bit heavy when it's all loaded up with stuff, but I've still used it a ton. I think it's mostly the stiffer saffiano coated leather strap/handles that make it dig in a bit, since the bag itself isn't heavy at all when it's empty. It only really bothers me when I have to carry it for long periods of time. I don't have any particular recommendations except take a look at the medium Selma messenger style (would be smaller and lighter) or just other softer leather MK satchel styles (which would be softer on your arm/shoulder)?

Thank you for your reply. I returned the Selma as it is too heavy for me. :smile::smile:

Reactions: LipglossedX