Which LV purchase did you regret?

Not too long ago, I purchased a Mono Trocedaro 27. At first I was all excited for it... I couldn't wait to have a smaller "bum around" bag, and I wanted to wear it like a swing pack...

HOWEVER... It turned out to be waaaaaaaaay to small for a 6'7" guy... and I looked... silly... needless to say, I sold it to my best friend for $60. (He def got it for a steal)

So my question to you is: What LV purchase (if any) did you regret the MOST, and what did you do too fix the problem?

ETA:Selling/buying/trading is NOT permitted on tPF. If you receive any soliciting pm, please forward to one of the mods or admin. Thank you.
Great thread idea! I regretted the pre-owned Vavin GM I purchased. Since it was discontinued, I couldn't see it/try it on in person. The condition was great, but I just expected the bag to be larger than it was. I am primarily a large tote girl. I ended up selling it to a friend who prefers smaller bags and I purchased a Neverfull MM instead. Now, we are both happy! :smile:

Reactions: ajindoll
I love mine! I actually use mine occasionally to keep them in the rotation. I hardly see them around here anymore- which I like. I know three people that want to buy my mono but I always tell them I don't have the heart to let it go! Plus they're probably the most comfy bags I own.

I have preloved azur galleria Gm and I love her! Awesome summer bag -I'm looking for a monogram pm . Get complements all the time ! Today three girls from Dr office told me they loved my bag [emoji16]!!

The very first time I wore my monogram speedy I got a tiny hint of blue transfer on one of the handles from grazing my jeans. I was devastated and ended up babying it way too much. That blue came off as the oils from my hands conditioned the handles (it was very subtle), but I found myself watching where I set it down. If I was going to eat I'd leave it at home to avoid any spills, or stains from my hands after eating. I couldn't have the bag around pets. It was just an all around hassle. I see women carrying their vachetta items beautifully with no concern for the darkening of the leather, and I admire their ease with it, but I just can't stand the look of spotted/marked/aging vachetta. It makes it look dirty, to me. View attachment 3451536

This is my current collection- all dark pieces and doubles of my favorite dark pieces. I am not a risk taker when it comes to color transfer and premature aging of my bags so only carefree purses for me. My Damier ebene speedy is my most carefree of them all- you're going to love making the switch to DE too! :smile:. So glad you're loving not worrying about your handles ever. That's the best. Bags are meant to be worn well and enjoyed. They shouldn't have to be attended to- they're not children. One time it was raining when I came out of a store so I put my jacket over my speedy. In that moment, I knew vachetta wasn't for me! So glad it's out of my collection for good. Fingers crossed you get a good price for your neverfull- good luck! :smile:

Did the new strap of DE Speedy B 30 hurt your shoulders?

I regret purchasing the TP 19. I never use it. I was just worried it was going to be discontinued so I made an impulse buy. But, it just sits in the dust bag for the last couple of years.

I also regret the Empreinte zippy coin purse. I try to get use of it since it was kind of pricey, but I really really dislike folding bills. I want to get the Zoe wallet. It will be perfect for my smaller bags and I don't have to fold bills.

Reactions: PrincessAsya
I regret buying my Iena PM in Damier Azur. It is a besutiful bag but it constantly falls off my shoulder and it drives me mad.

Thank you so much for your honesty. I was seriously considering the bag but this is a deal breaker for me. I thought it was as comfortable as the Neverfull only with a zipper (well, and folded canvas corners :sad: ).

Thank you so much for your honesty. I was seriously considering the bag but this is a deal breaker for me. I thought it was as comfortable as the Neverfull only with a zipper (well, and folded canvas corners :sad: ).

I the Iena in MM and I don't feel like it falls off my shoulder at all. Love the bag. Maybe the difference is the longer straps on the MM. Not sure.

Thank you! I suggest you try it at the store because it may not happen to you. It is a beautiful bag and I love the zipper and the outside pocket. Perhaps I should have bought the MM size but I have a Totally PM DE and it never falls off my shoulder like the Iena.

The Sperone. Backpack.. not that I don't like... is spacious, fits a lot of my items. You can use a purse organizer with it...(I used the one for the speedy 30). The Damier Azur looks wonderful in this bag. The issue is that this bag, started to peel in the cornersat the bottom with the rub against my back... I noticed when the bag was 3 months old. Took it to the Store and Long story short... I still managing the issue with the store manager and its been more than six weeks. Love the backpacks they fit my lifestyle... but don't want this issue anymore. It has been horrendous the Process that I have to go thru, with the SA and the manager.

The Sperone. Backpack.. not that I don't like... is spacious, fits a lot of my items. You can use a purse organizer with it...(I used the one for the speedy 30). The Damier Azur looks wonderful in this bag. The issue is that this bag, started to peel in the cornersat the bottom with the rub against my back... I noticed when the bag was 3 months old. Took it to the Store and Long story short... I still managing the issue with the store manager and its been more than six weeks. Love the backpacks they fit my lifestyle... but don't want this issue anymore. It has been horrendous the Process that I have to go thru, with the SA and the manager.

Oh no! I’m consider getting the Sperone next visit! I’m debating between the Sperone or the Clapton backpack. I don’t baby my bags but I only really use my bags on the weekend.

Speedy B 35 ... I have always carried the 35 size, but with the strap, it is just too overwhelming for me. Although, I still have it ... I am debating what I want to do with it.

Speedy B 35 ... I have always carried the 35 size, but with the strap, it is just too overwhelming for me. Although, I still have it ... I am debating what I want to do with it.
Maybe use for travel? I’m having the same issue with my 30b, I find it too big for daily use but it’s a really good bag with thick canvas and nice hardware. I want to sell it but I want to keep it, lol

Reactions: Melanie