Difference in quality between MIF and MIU?

lalanik

Aug 20, 2012
Hello everyone, earlier today I picked up 2 slender wallet monogram eclipse's from Aventura mall in Miami, FL. The one that has the "made in France" stamp was purchased at the LV boutique while the other that came with a card stating "made in USA of imported materials" was purchased at LV in Bloomingdale's in the same mall about 200 yards away. My question is I have read that no matter the country of origin, all materials and standards are the exact same so why does the MIF silver stamping have a more matte finish while the MIU has a more shiny/glittery color and also the MIF stamping seems more "tight" whereas the MIU stamping looks somewhat sloppy? The wallet on the left is MIU and right is MIF.IMG_3398 2.jpg IMG_3399 2.jpg IMG_3401.jpg IMG_3402.jpg

I was just wondering why the MIF has a matte stamp with tight lettering while the MIU has a glittery/shiny stamp and sloppy lettering. I noticed they were all like that but the SA kept emphasizing that the materials/spec/standards are all the same no matter the country of production.

I don't think there is a reason other than that the results of the heat stamp can vary no matter where it came from (there are a few threads here of people who have messy heat stamps where the foil is still around the edges which seems to be the case for the MIU one here). As for the differences in the foil, that may just be due to different suppliers or different batches from the same supplier at different times.

I was going to give one as a gift but decided to give an electronic device instead and return one of the wallets. Of the 2, should I keep the MIF or MIU? Does it matter? Thanks..

I think that it is all the same materials but different manufacturing facilities that produce these products, so the end result will differ from country to country. But, it is quite exceptional stamping on the MIF version.

I would go for the MIF since you have a choice because the silver stamping looks really good and the stitching does look slightly more cleaner straighter and consistent than the MIU. But I don't think MIF in general is more superior to MIU. I've had MIF bag with wonky stitching and the 'made in france' stamp that looks a bit pitted in places.

Reactions: TaylorXavier