Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You!
It truly is a stunning scarf. Do You wear it often or just special ocassions?

Honestly, I’d have to say that I primarily wear it for SOTD themes. [emoji17] I love it when I do wear it, but there are so many colorful beauties vying for my attention, that it often gets left behind.
It’s one that I consider selling - keep that on the down low tho... otherwise the crying from the scarf drawer will keep me awake. [emoji6]

Amazing that we have the same CW! I would love to see how you style this scarf! I do not wear it very often. But when you NEED knights, I got 'em.
And a gal’s gotta need knights now and then, right? Bien sur! LOLOLOLOL I’ll remember to take a pic. Thing is that it’s perfect for the joustings at the Ren Faires and I’m always in garb!

View attachment 4124793 Having some fun with two gavroches
This is sensational! I guess that the key is finding similar CWs and it works

Good morning fellow Scarfians! Stripe week was as much fun as I thought it would be and I was so happy to see so many posting and playing in the striped scarf box.

Now it’s time to move on to this week’s theme which is so fascinating to me. The Rybaltchenkos! We’re going with both father and son so hopefully more people want to play. I only have 4 so I’ll be doing more cheering than showing!

8 Jul 2018 RYBALTCHENKOS FOR THE WIN: Vladimir and/or son Dimitri

Vladimir Rybaltchenko was Philippe Le Doux’s great nephew while Dimitri is Vladimir’s son. So you could say being a scarf artist pretty much runs in the family.

Among some of Vladimir’s designs you may know or have are the lovely British Heraldry (I didn’t know that!), Ich Dien (hello @xincinsin), Fleurs et Carlines, Cavaliers d’Or, Orchidee (paging @Croisette7), Souvenirs d’Asie and Tutankhamun.

Of course, I’m also very fond of Dmitiri though I only came to H once the Super H/Space Shopping fury occurred. But perhaps you have something in your collection prior to that like Au Gre du Vent, Cheval Surprise, Galop Chromatique, Magic Kelly, the lovely Offandes d’Un Jour, Peinture Fraiche or Please, Check In.

Here are (exactly half!) of mine. :smile:

Cavaliers d'Or GM Mousse
View attachment 4125306

Super H (Minuit au Faubourg) gav with striped shirt to cross us over. Actually, I haven't even gotten through all my striped shirts, so you'll be seeing MORE stripes from me. :P

View attachment 4125308

Let’s see ‘em!
Thank you for another great intro!

Yay! I can play again this week, if only a little:

Offrandes

View attachment 4125342

View attachment 4125343

View attachment 4125344

Super H. A gift from The Boy

View attachment 4125345

View attachment 4125346
I love both! Beautiful on you

You have the absolute best outdoor shots with your scarves... Wow!

I have more D. Rybal. Than I thought, my first 2 scarves were en avant toute! And Noel au 24 faubourg.View attachment 4125517 View attachment 4125515 PView attachment 4125505 View attachment 4125513

En avant toute! QM2 version:View attachment 4125516

Face ties de pegasus
View attachment 4125518

Les toits de parisView attachment 4125520
All spectacular... I’m intensely jealous of both your Avant Toutes, BTW

Maybe I did get more than one...:angel:
Baobob Cat cw01View attachment 4125583
Oh, big congrats! This is one of the CWs that I want to see. Only one came to my store. It is striking! Would love to see it tied

And a couple of unusual Dimitris (he signs himself "Dimitri R")
La Ronde de Planets (cotton 70cm) perfect for summer!
View attachment 4125648
Hola (cotton 70) confirmed to be Dimitri's from his website, but not signed (records of cotton 70s are poor, I find)
View attachment 4125650
two gavroches:
Cheval Surprise in orange (click to enlarge and see all those horses, riders, coach, dog...)
View attachment 4125651
Cheval Surprise Coloriage tied with Zebra Pegasus, showing "with" and "before" scarf ring
(the Coloriage is a diagonal dividing the gavroche into a color half and a black/white half)
View attachment 4125652
All fab, but the way you tied the ZP is spectacular!

(off SOTD theme)

In celebration of the safe rescue of all the boys and their soccer coach from the cave in Thailand!!! :yahoo:

Les Chemins Secrets 140 silk. :tup::tup:

View attachment 4127205
Magnificent!

La Marine a Rames by Ledoux, but finished by Valdimir Rybaltchenko
View attachment 4127356
Sous le Cedre [emoji173]️
View attachment 4127357
(ps - sockmonkey photobomb in first pic - bwaahahahahahah [emoji38])
Can Sous la Cedre be more beautiful! It is a dream!

And a gal’s gotta need knights now and then, right? Bien sur! LOLOLOLOL I’ll remember to take a pic. Thing is that it’s perfect for the joustings at the Ren Faires and I’m always in garb!

Oh, big congrats! This is one of the CWs that I want to see. Only one came to my store. It is striking! Would love to see it tied

Magnificent!

Always a pleasure fifi! :hugs:

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi

Magnificent!

[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️ thank you fifi!

Honestly, I’d have to say that I primarily wear it for SOTD themes. [emoji17] I love it when I do wear it, but there are so many colorful beauties vying for my attention, that it often gets left behind.
It’s one that I consider selling - keep that on the down low tho... otherwise the crying from the scarf drawer will keep me awake. [emoji6]
:lol: Someone said last week that she has striped tees because of SOTD. I bought a striped tee for the same reason.
This is a dangerous place to be... I know I hit BIN several times because a fellow silkie here drew my attention to a scarf that I'd never previously considered.

My two CWs of Cavaliers d’Or. The first pic of each set is the plain scarf. The others are taken with my collection of Scythian Met Museum jewelry on top and used as scarf rings (actually, slipped through the knots).View attachment 4127881 View attachment 4127825 View attachment 4127823 View attachment 4127822 View attachment 4127821 View attachment 4127820 View attachment 4127819 View attachment 4127818 View attachment 4127817 View attachment 4127811
Such great photos, Fifi! I remember going to the Scythian gold exhibit when it was at the Met. Was it in the 80s? I only got one pin, though. You own a terrific collection of pieces. :heart::heart::heart:

View attachment 4127891 View attachment 4127889
Such great photos, Fifi! I remember going to the Scythian gold exhibit when it was at the Met. Was it in the 80s? I only got one pin, though. You own a terrific collection of pieces. :heart::heart::heart:
Thank you so much! No, i was just fresh out of high school so it was in 1975-6. I remember hearing about it but I was starting college and couldn’t go. But I received the Met Museum catalog back then and ordered the torque necklace the minute I saw it. It was the first piece I got. Amazing that the electroplating is perfect after 40 years! And I’ve worn the torque like crazy for 4 decades!

View attachment 4127891 View attachment 4127889

Thank you so much! No, i was just fresh out of high school so it was in 1975-6. I remember hearing about it but I was starting college and couldn’t go. But I received the Met Museum catalog back then and ordered the torque necklace the minute I saw it. It was the first piece I got. Amazing that the electroplating is perfect after 40 years! And I’ve worn the torque like crazy for 4 decades!
Yes, the electroplating didn't wear off perhaps b/c the price of gold had been $35/oz for quite a while prior to your graduation. Vintage costume jewelry can be pretty nice that way. Fifi, let us see what you look like with the torque on?

Yes, the electroplating didn't wear off perhaps b/c the price of gold had been $35/oz for quite a while prior to your graduation. Vintage costume jewelry can be pretty nice that way. Fifi, let us see what you look like with the torque on?
I have a pic that shows only the scarf close to my throat with the torque. I’ll try to find it and will take a better pic maybe tomorrow. True what you say about the price of gold

I am on a business trip this week and didn't bring that many scarves. Will have to show what I have once I am back. I don't actually own that many Rybaltchenkos' pieces, even though I know they are an important part of Hermes history.

A few views of Prières au Vent. I've heard (though this may not be true) that the fellow waving is Dmitri himself! Is this true?

View attachment 4127802 View attachment 4127803 View attachment 4127804

I am not very familiar with this scarf -- it's a beautiful one.

My two CWs of Cavaliers d’Or. The first pic of each set is the plain scarf. The others are taken with my collection of Scythian Met Museum jewelry on top and used as scarf rings (actually, slipped through the knots).View attachment 4127881 View attachment 4127825 View attachment 4127823 View attachment 4127822 View attachment 4127821 View attachment 4127820 View attachment 4127819 View attachment 4127818 View attachment 4127817 View attachment 4127811

I think I have said it before already -- these seemed to be designed just for you, especially the purple one! Love the jewelry, too.

:lol: Someone said last week that she has striped tees because of SOTD. I bought a striped tee for the same reason.
This is a dangerous place to be... I know I hit BIN several times because a fellow silkie here drew my attention to a scarf that I'd never previously considered.

I thought it was just me who did that :angel::angel::angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.