Scarves Love it then leave it ,how do you curate your scarf collection?

That's right. I DO have the Mustangs bandana. Okay... scratch what I said about horses. :amuse:

Like you, most of the scarves I've re-homed have been bargain-ish scarves from eBay or my local consignment shop. Bought in my early re-entry into the world of H scarves (2013-2014) when I really didn't have a sense of what colorways and designs worked for me. Because I didn't pay full price for these scarves, and I did get some $$$ back from resale, I think of the net loss as the tuition cost of an M.A. in Fine Arts (with a focus on silk textiles). :smartass:

:lol: I do feel sometimes studying H scarf history, formats and releases and having and keeping up with a collection is like studying for a an art degree.

Is it the pink Mustangs? It's so cute! We've got summer formats coming up soon on SOTD. I'm going to have to remember to add the Bandanas back in to it.

That's right. I DO have the Mustangs bandana. Okay... scratch what I said about horses. :amuse:

Like you, most of the scarves I've re-homed have been bargain-ish scarves from eBay or my local consignment shop. Bought in my early re-entry into the world of H scarves (2013-2014) when I really didn't have a sense of what colorways and designs worked for me. Because I didn't pay full price for these scarves, and I did get some $$$ back from resale, I think of the net loss as the tuition cost of an M.A. in Fine Arts (with a focus on silk textiles). :smartass:
:lol:

:lol: I do feel sometimes studying H scarf history, formats and releases and having and keeping up with a collection is like studying for a an art degree.

Is it the pink Mustangs? It's so cute! We've got summer formats coming up soon on SOTD. I'm going to have to remember to add the Bandanas back in to it.
Yes, the pink one. With white mustangs, and black doodads (that's the technical term). I only have three bandanas, and I don't wear them much... not a format that I reach for very often. But sometimes they're just the right amount of silk to amp up an outfit, without making the commitment of 90 entire centimeters.

I just love the way you rock your gavs, but I guess my neck isn't the right size or shape, or something, because they just don't work for me. Too bad, because gavroches are a great way to get a bit of color into an outfit for a bit less $$$. I do it with twillies, though, and that's fun too. This thread is inspiring me to pull out my twillies more!

Not 3-eyed 6-fingered aliens. I don't need allusions to Area 51 or Hal. I'd like something derived from scifi rather then an actual space ship. Translating text to visual is always fraught with problems as text gives the reader's imagination free reign to come up with their own version of Dune or positronic robots (I adored R. Daneel Olivaw). I think something more abstract along these lines would be wearable and welcomed by non-nerds: the swirling portals of Stargate or a hyperspace link, especially if the peek through the portals revealed enticing portions of H scarves (alternate reality trope).
Laboratoire wasn't scifi to me, more mad scientist. And much as I like Super H and Space Shopping, they are a riff on comics (Batman) and classic TV (Twilight Zone).
Sorry for the OT, everyone! We now return to regular programming :flowers:
I love love love the idea of a peeking portal of enticing H scarves!!!:flowers:I hope we see that design soon!

Yes, the pink one. With white mustangs, and black doodads (that's the technical term). I only have three bandanas, and I don't wear them much... not a format that I reach for very often. But sometimes they're just the right amount of silk to amp up an outfit, without making the commitment of 90 entire centimeters.

I just love the way you rock your gavs, but I guess my neck isn't the right size or shape, or something, because they just don't work for me. Too bad, because gavroches are a great way to get a bit of color into an outfit for a bit less $$$. I do it with twillies, though, and that's fun too. This thread is inspiring me to pull out my twillies more!

Psst- you can use your Mors ring to extend a pocket square and it will feel more like a 55. :tup:

Just fold in a triangle and tie the ends to each side of the Mors ring, gives it a few extra inches:

clfmors-jpg.3581479

I'm currently in the midst of another aspect of curation and that is what I call the "admisnistration" phase.

I have a lot of scarves. I don't really want to go over a certain number for some years if ever. So now I am going through my list and trying to compare how when and where the scarves I bought relate to their longevity in my collection. As in...am I more likely to get tired of something I found on eBay and rehome it than something I bought new or is it just about the same? I'm sworn off eBay for now. I carefully did not swear off H.com.

This is the reason I don't have a paypal account and share my E=bay one with DH. I think it'd be too easy to get tempted by 'bargains' or 'almosts'.

This is the reason I don't have a paypal account and share my E=bay one with DH. I think it'd be too easy to get tempted by 'bargains' or 'almosts'.

Oh dear- I sincerely hope MrBcat never ever ever looks at my ebay purchase history..... Make up I can't find anymore that I like, scarves, bags, Goth t-shirts.... I'd probably get.... :bagslap: then locked up. :lol:

But I don't regret the purchases from ebay, even if they didn't work out and they end up moving on. I did learn a lot from it. And it is better if I took a little loss on an eBay bargain than a big loss on a full price 90, or (don't even speak it) lots of full price 90s if I had to sell them because they didn't work out.

But I don't regret the purchases from ebay, even if they didn't work out and they end up moving on. I did learn a lot from it. And it is better if I took a little loss on an eBay bargain than a big loss on a full price 90, or (don't even speak it) lots of full price 90s if I had to sell them because they didn't work out.
I used to have regrets over the mistakes, but now I just chalk it up to a learning experience. Am I rationalizing? Welllllll....
But there's something to be said for taking the time to develop a connoisseur's eye. They say that if you want to become a wine connoisseur, you have to open a LOT of bottles! :biggrin:

I used to have regrets over the mistakes, but now I just chalk it up to a learning experience. Am I rationalizing? Welllllll....
But there's something to be said for taking the time to develop a connoisseur's eye. They say that if you want to become a wine connoisseur, you have to open a LOT of bottles! :biggrin:

:lol: too true. Though we do Scotch instead. :smile:. I do all the Scotch buying around here. MrBcat is not allowed to purchase a brand until I've had first whack at it because he is so infernally hard to buy gifts for, so I get first pick in any brand. So far so good after 8 years of buying with only a few "meh" purchases. I enjoy researching them.

I don't think it's rationalizing. Most of us have a limited budget and when you just aren't sure how much you are going to like something, whether it will work out at all or like something that is hard to find, well...finding a bargain to try is no bad thing, imo.

I'm currently in the midst of another aspect of curation and that is what I call the "admisnistration" phase.

I have a lot of scarves. I don't really want to go over a certain number for some years if ever. So now I am going through my list and trying to compare how when and where the scarves I bought relate to their longevity in my collection. As in...am I more likely to get tired of something I found on eBay and rehome it than something I bought new or is it just about the same? I'm sworn off eBay for now. I carefully did not swear off H.com.

It’s a good thing you haven’t sworn off h.com, because there’s a little Baobab Cat pocket square that’s looking for a home. :graucho:

https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/baobab-cat-pocket-square-45-H893225Sv12/

Reactions: bunnycat