Saint Laurent Sac De Jour...

This is my first post, so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place! :confused1: I'm selling my small Sac de Jour in Lipstick Pink and wanted to post it here if anyone is interested. Really hoping to sell this beaut soon as I just got the large Saint Laurent College bag which is a bit more suited to my needs. Open to offers via eBay! :heart:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142839540156

You need to post a link to your eBay sale in the auction listings not here [emoji4]

Got this souple for only a few months and I rotate my bags on regular basis which means this bag is not even heavily used... the front is already collapsing. Not sure why but I do baby my bags a lot and make sure it is well kept and stuffed when I store it. I’m contemplating to sell this and go with regular versions. But I really love the souple leather, it’s very scratch resistant and feels lux. Any recommendation pls? Should I go for the regular smooth or grained version?
Strange...I've had my small souple for around 6 months now and thankfully it has no slouch and retained its shape....not sure what would have cause the softening of your bag

Hi,
I am really thinking about buying MEN SAC De JOUR bag, but I have also one idea in my head and I need your opinion.

What do you thing about SDJ BABY souple wearing on MEN as a cross body. I'm not super tall and bulky guy so I think it could look nice with my punky attitude. Do you see those bags as a super feminine?

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hi,
I am really thinking about buying MEN SAC De JOUR bag, but I have also one idea in my head and I need your opinion.

What do you thing about SDJ BABY souple wearing on MEN as a cross body. I'm not super tall and bulky guy so I think it could look nice with my punky attitude. Do you see those bags as a super feminine?
I think it would look good! Personally I don’t think this bag is super feminine. Good luck deciding :flowers:

8F1D3B89-6BDB-4558-A016-F82EB083E64E.jpeg 209F4BF5-5233-4EB1-9036-DD35ADB04C4D.jpeg A0C79B20-BEA3-481E-B2B5-AC93F32D36C2.jpeg 24EF2E02-8DC4-4582-806E-F4DA3BF83811.jpeg
Calling out sac de jour lovers,

I have previously posted this in another FB chatgroup so pardon me if you have seen it already.
Which SDJ baby should I keep?:
1. Dusty rose 2014
2. Black printed with hearts 2017 limited edition

Pros of dusty rose : more elegant and classic looking for a SDJ . Easily transit from day time work look to night.
Cons: there is no additional leather lining per say, so the warpsing of the two sides of the bag where the handle is attached annoys me sometimes. Refer to the picture attached.

Pros of black baby: so unique and edgy and not typically of usual sdj. The saint Laurent prints are actually in rainbow colour vs the typical gold or silver! The leather is so beautiful and smooth and buttery. The full leather lining is so luxurious and gives the bag an extremely good structure overall. It remainds me of the edgy boy Chanel vs it’s classic flap sisters.
Cons: like many have commented on the FB, printed bags can look childish/tacky sometimes. It is not a classic elegant look like many have said. I usually do not bring it to work as well if I have to meet external people/clients.

So ... I would appreciate comments or feedbacks I would like to just keep one for now

Hi,

I don’t know how you look but personally I think it’s weird for guys to carry a bag too small by crossbody. I am a guy and I have a classic SDJ in small size and when I use it with the strap I shoulder-carry it on one side.

But do whatever that makes you happy, others’ opinions don’t really matter.

View attachment 4124203 View attachment 4124204 View attachment 4124205 View attachment 4124206

I have previously posted this in another FB chatgroup so pardon me if you have seen it already.
1. Dusty rose 2014

Pros of dusty rose : more elegant and classic looking for a SDJ . Easily transit from day time work look to night.
Cons: there is no additional leather lining per say, so the warpsing of the two sides of the bag where the handle is attached annoys me sometimes. Refer to the picture attached.

Pros of black baby: so unique and edgy and not typically of usual sdj. The saint Laurent prints are actually in rainbow colour vs the typical gold or silver! The leather is so beautiful and smooth and buttery. The full leather lining is so luxurious and gives the bag an extremely good structure overall. It remainds me of the edgy boy Chanel vs it’s classic flap sisters.
Cons: like many have commented on the FB, printed bags can look childish/tacky sometimes. It is not a classic elegant look like many have said. I usually do not bring it to work as well if I have to meet external people/clients.

So ... I would appreciate comments or feedbacks I would like to just keep one for now
Sounds like based on your comments that you like the print for yourself, but you like the dusty rose to suit more what society tells you to like! I would go for whatever makes you happy :smile: That dusty rose is a really beautiful shade of pink, but if you're looking for a classic elegant bag you can always find another SDJ in a classic color! They make those every season and it would be easy to find pre-loved as well, but I would say the print would be a lot harder to replace if you should change your mind and want it back.

Reactions: hartwin and Jesss1
Reactions: elisabettaverde
View attachment 4124203 View attachment 4124204 View attachment 4124205 View attachment 4124206

1. Dusty rose 2014

What did you decide?