Scarves Hermès Autumn/Fall Winter 2018 Scarves

These threads are archived as part of our reference library, therefore please only post scarves on this thread from the season in the title. If you are not sure, please do a search or ask in the ID this scarf thread before you post. :drinks:

Please note: The title of this thread was changed in September 2020 to make the search function easier

Dear @vildachya, here are the pics that show the red hem on Acte III, CW12View attachment 4123733 View attachment 4123732
I would try it if I were you. I’ve found that every time I’ve tied it, the moon has seldom shown up, and I’ve not been intentional about it. Same with the Baobab Cat. I folded it in the store a few ways and couldn’t tell that there was a cat with big eyes there, otherwise it would have bothered me. Take a look at my pics to see a few knots where you can’t see the moon at all.

Again, you need to try them on to see. Same thing happened to me with the horse’s eye in Appaloosa so I avoided it like the plague. Then, super late in the game, I tried it on and fell in love. I wear it like crazy and every time I tie it the eye never pops up. I’m so glad that I bought it because the rest of the design is spectacular and amazing tied. I feel the same about the Baobab Cat.

Believe me, it’s super easy to hide the moon. As a matter of fact, I purposely have to try to play it up in those knots I posted where it actually shows up. Same thing with Baobab Cat. I found it super easy to fold the eye away and focus on the beauty of the rest of the design.

Don’t worry. I own all of these designs and CWs and the only two that worry me for being too similar are Jaguar Quetzal CW1 and Acte III CW 10. Sure the colors are similar in the Samouraïs pictured and Acte III, CW12 but stylistically they couldn’t be more different, so it’s not an issue, at least for me. You will have to judge for yourself.

Ha! I hated that darn cat, so I was very hesitant. Then I tied it and completely changed my mind. And the vibrant, painterly quality of the design are stunning. Ties gorgeously!

Believe me, the moon disappears 90 percent of the time when you tie it. I’ve tied it multiple ways and the creepy moon has been nowhere in sight. Now, I understand if it bothers you, period, when lying flat then that will be a problem.

The hem is red. I thought I was gonna hate it and actually loved the pop of the red color when tied. You’ll have to try it on yourself and decide. Today I took a couple of pics that show the hem and I actually like it. See the pics above
Hermes should hire you to model their scarves ! Thank you for your time and pictures.

Saw two. Shades of blue, and a brown with blue. Sorry, didn't take note of the cw as I'm holding out the olive green. If that doesn't work for me (zombie is not a good look), I might get the blue. The furry brush strokes in the design kind of remind me of this 90cm which is called Touch Me/Touchez Moi.
Right! The carpet/fur scarf to cuddle with. I assume AWooo is a reasonably friendly wolf. So now we can cuddle with him.

Reactions: csetcos and litchi
FW, I, too, do not feel the scene is resonant with me, so I must weigh this in the matter of deciding between the fab design+cw vs. the theme. But the artistry is truly lovely, of course! And I'm glad for each "new" artist for H scarf designs. Looking forward to more from him next season.

Beautiful complimentary colours here, Nahreen! Maybe you do need 2 of them? ;)

Thank you litchi. This season is bad for my wallet with all the blue and orange combos.

Reactions: litchi
For everyone who owns or has seen Acte III color way 12 what color is the hem? This is my one concern about this color way. I know myself and I do not gravitate towards color ways when the hem does not pick up enough of the same color in the design, if you know what I mean. Over the years I have tried and I just know it does not work for me for whatever reason.

Hey hi @vildachya great to see you here!!! I know what you mean about the hem, otherwise it stands out too much.

Love your awesome pics, Fifi [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] but it’s hard to tell from here whether that border is picking up a similar color within the scarf? Maybe it’s my screen, I can’t tell.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi