New Chanel Addict! Please help me choose!

prettyali

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
Hi everyone, I think this forum is great and I love looking at all the pics that you girls have posted. For the longest time I have been a Gucci fanatic and now think it's time to make the move to Chanel. I would like to know which bag you think is a good starter. I am going to Hawaii next week and would like to buy one there. If there are any locals, could you give me some tips? thanks girls:yahoo:

I am a classic girl and am looking for something that I can carry to go out shopping or out for dinner. I like the patent bags, which one would you suggest? thanks so much!!!!!

Hi everyone, I think this forum is great and I love looking at all the pics that you girls have posted. For the longest time I have been a Gucci fanatic and now think it's time to make the move to Chanel. I would like to know which bag you think is a good starter. I am going to Hawaii next week and would like to buy one there. If there are any locals, could you give me some tips? thanks girls:yahoo:
I was just at Chanel about two weeks ago (Chanel at Ala Moana--I live on Oahu). They had a PST when I went. I wasn't really paying attention to what else they had because I was mainly looking to get a baby cabas. They didn't have baby cabas in stock so I had my aunty ship me one from the Nordstroms in the mainland. I believe the only cabas they had was the denim one.

Keep in mind this was two+ weeks ago. If there's anything in specific you'd like to know desperately about the Chanel here, let me know, and I'll try to stop by there and see what they have.

Ooohhh this post is related to my own dilemma. I wanna get my first Chanel but I do not where to begin. I've been eyeing on this Silver bag. Not so sure of the name. Silver Ritz? It's beautiful!! However, I'm going to Hong Kong next month and am not sure if I'm ready to buy it, or save it until next year? BUT i am so worried that there will be a % increase if I keep on waiting. Any advice? Thanks

I think the classic range is great for a first bag - the medium 2.55 flap bag you could definitely wear out for any occasion :smile: as shiny_hair mentioned, the patent reissue sure is a beautiful bag

Prettyali - you can't go wrong with a flap / reissue - great to wear dressed up or down. GST / PST are great totes and the size of each means that you will not any issues with "not enough room"....Good luck on your choice - Let us know what you get.:smile:

Lalique - The price increase is a pain for all of us - no one wants to pay more tomorrow for something they could have got for less yesterday...so-to-speak. So if there is a bag you love now - best to get it before the increase.....Good luck - keep us posted on what you get.:smile:

Lalique - The price increase is a pain for all of us - no one wants to pay more tomorrow for something they could have got for less yesterday...so-to-speak. So if there is a bag you love now - best to get it before the increase.....Good luck - keep us posted on what you get.:smile:

Oh noooo...your message MAKES me wanna go out and get a Chanel ASAP! :crybaby:The other night I dreamt in Chanel. People dream in color, or black & white, and I dreamt in Chanel! It's so scary and cool!. It's like a very BIG SIGN for me to get a Chanel bag. I am itching to get a silver flap. I thnk it's one of the classic 2.55. (I just found out what those number means!)

So, should I get them now, even if I do not have enough money save, AND break my one year handbag ban or get the bag after my one year handbag ban? If I get it now, I can always pay my credit card bill bit by bit.. but if I get it next year, it may increase slightly??? *sigh* Another dilemma! *hahah*