Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though my daughter and I are excited for the NAS this year and I've already made my appointment with our SA, I don't know that I will be buying much. I am in serious declutter mode. Tragically, I lost my beloved 54yo husband without warning in February to heart failure. I am strongly considering selling our home to move to a smaller home closer to the business we own that he used to run. The NAS is fun and I don't mean to be a wet blanket, I'm trying to find joy in the midst of our grief, keeping traditions with my (grown) children where I can, which includes the NAS.

As an aside, I am friends with my wonderful SA on Instagram and she saw the information about dh's funeral services and she attended the visitation. I will never forget her being there and her kindness to me and my family. :heart:
I too am so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family all the best and hope your memories of your dear husband are of comfort. I always looked forward to your posts in the past and I am sure there will be more to come in the future. Take care of what is important now.

So I’m not impressed at all by early access but I haven’t been in like the last 3 years, but these are the items I’ll grab from that catalog:
* Hunter short boot
* Leith dress from trend report page 8 (Leith dresses makes me look extra curvy love them )
* Halogen cardigan from trend report page 8
* Herschel flight duffle blush pink page 42
* Ugg Dakota now slippers page 52
* Ugg daelynn boots page 52
* Nike blush free rn 2018 sneakers page 56

There’s some staple items not in the sneak peek that I’ll be getting because they are always part of the sale like the: my annual longchamp totes, Evian mist sets, Zella leggings, some beauty staples and kennabunk throws. And besides that nice I look at the full lookbook and I am in store, I’ll try things out because things that look boring on the model end up looking way better when I try them on, but I think this year I won’t even hit the $1,000 mark. This sale used to be so special to me but I guess all good comes to an end...

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Adding on: My Nike staple liner socks and the navy Tory Burch flats. I’ll be shopping at garden state plaza for the majority of the items but I love short hills because even though it’s smaller it’s always where I end up finding the things that may have sold out at GSP due to less shoppers and a much more organized environment.

So far I've really been loving the shoes! These are ones that caught my eye:
Cole Haan Grandpro Spectator Sneakers
Cole Haan Tali Bow flat in leopard and black
Gentle Souls Eugene Loafer
Vince Darlington Flats
Vince Camuto Pevista Bootie
Halogen mules
Ugg Dakota Bow Slippers

I'll probably also get some jeans and the James Perse Surplus Jacket, some jogger pants, and some cardigans.

Reactions: annagirly
Good to see you again this year! A word on the Hunter boots. I didn’t even recognize them as Hunter due to the quilting. Thanks to a helpful poster they noted my inquiry that these were indeed Hunter. I got a chance to try them on this morning. They are an updated version and have a more tapered toebox and run narrow. The material is thinner too. The circumference is the same. If you are looking at these quilted accent ones you might want to size up if you will wear socks with them. My foot is narrow and the size 6 fit my foot with thin socks. With the original my foot swims.

Thanks so much for the info! I have a narrow foot as well but I’ll definitely try the half size to whole size up for this one, *hugs*.

Reactions: Westie lover
So I’m not impressed at all by early access but I haven’t been in like the last 3 years, but these are the items I’ll grab from that catalog:
* Hunter short boot
* Leith dress from trend report page 8 (Leith dresses makes me look extra curvy love them )
* Halogen cardigan from trend report page 8
* Herschel flight duffle blush pink page 42
* Ugg Dakota now slippers page 52
* Ugg daelynn boots page 52
* Nike blush free rn 2018 sneakers page 56

There’s some staple items not in the sneak peek that I’ll be getting because they are always part of the sale like the: my annual longchamp totes, Evian mist sets, Zella leggings, some beauty staples and kennabunk throws. And besides that nice I look at the full lookbook and I am in store, I’ll try things out because things that look boring on the model end up looking way better when I try them on, but I think this year I won’t even hit the $1,000 mark. This sale used to be so special to me but I guess all good comes to an end...

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum
Have you tried Halogen cardigans in the past? I’m curious about the quality. I don’t like a cardigan that’s too thin.

I wanted to put forth a thought. This year I have a couple of list, a must have and a nice to have. Since Nordstrom can be wishy/washy on their policy for giving you the additional discount in that yearly safe, the one that comes after the NAS, but has the same items. I have a list of items I must have and wont be mad if there is additional discount, I know they could sell out or limited size and then I have a list of items that are nice to have, a couple of random tops, skirt, sweater...etc..
Good idea!

Attachments

• IMG_2935.PNG
    IMG_2935.PNG
    579.5 KB · Views: 1,319
  • IMG_2936.PNG
    IMG_2936.PNG
    574.1 KB · Views: 1,330
  • IMG_2937.PNG
    IMG_2937.PNG
    624.1 KB · Views: 1,364
  • IMG_2938.PNG