Scarves Need help on choosing maxi twilly

j_kay

O.G.
Dec 27, 2010
I'm starting to love collecting H scarves like everyone else here.

As a start, I've been just choosing from what's available because all of them are beautiful anyway!

But after a few purchases, now I'm really starting to look after certain patterns and CWs.

Now I wanted to add maxi twilly cut to my collection and unfortunately what I like is from the last season. I already own old polka dot maxi twilly so i passed astrologie.

I wanted this maxi twilly grand manege fleuri but I cannot find it anywhere (I'm in europe by the way)

IMG_1492884733.560847.jpg

I was gonna pass since it was impossible to get it, but I can't stop thinking of it....

So, what's currently available are these two CWs:

IMG_1492884821.064774.jpg

IMG_1492884846.521205.jpg

I love the new maxi twillies having different prints for each side and I specially like the back pattern of this model.

My questions are, would past season models like this one ever be out again? If not, should I get different cws or just wait for other beauties? Which cw should I get between two above? To me both seem versatile and don't overlap too much with what I have although I do have a white scarf.

I couldn't decide myself so I thought I should ask experts here!

Thanks for helping me out [emoji847]

As a start, I've been just choosing from what's available because all of them are beautiful anyway!

But after a few purchases, now I'm really starting to look after certain patterns and CWs.

Now I wanted to add maxi twilly cut to my collection and unfortunately what I like is from the last season. I already own old polka dot maxi twilly so i passed astrologie.

I wanted this maxi twilly grand manege fleuri but I cannot find it anywhere (I'm in europe by the way)

View attachment 3675441

I was gonna pass since it was impossible to get it, but I can't stop thinking of it....

View attachment 3675442

View attachment 3675443

I love the new maxi twillies having different prints for each side and I specially like the back pattern of this model.

My questions are, would past season models like this one ever be out again? If not, should I get different cws or just wait for other beauties? Which cw should I get between two above? To me both seem versatile and don't overlap too much with what I have although I do have a white scarf.

Hi J_Kay!
I adore this Grand Manège print and have a MT in bright orange and turquoise. I love it.
If you’re in Paris right now you would want to head to the summer VPs. I spotted GM maxi twillys and the sales end up tomorrow evening!
Hope that helps

Reactions: j_kay
Hi J_Kay!
I adore this Grand Manège print and have a MT in bright orange and turquoise. I love it.
If you’re in Paris right now you would want to head to the summer VPs. I spotted GM maxi twillys and the sales end up tomorrow evening!
Hope that helps

Omg Thejewelryblonde, thanks a lot for your kind message. I decided to pass the Paris sale this year so just left the city for work. they keep some left overs and have them again at the next sale! But thank you really, should still keep my eyes open! Hope you scored some goodies today ;)

Reactions: Thejewelryblonde
Omg Thejewelryblonde, thanks a lot for your kind message. I decided to pass the Paris sale this year so just left the city for work. they keep some left overs and have them again at the next sale! But thank you really, should still keep my eyes open! Hope you scored some goodies today ;)

You’re much welcome! Yup I got very nice things and my new orange and turquoise GM maxi twilly comes from the current sales. Actually I was considering buying several simple twillys but wasn’t that fond of the prints. The SA next to me was folding the MT and she had this beauty in her hand. My eyes opened wide at the sight of it. It was literally love at first sight.
I guess they will be back for next winter sales then. [emoji847] Can’t wait!

View attachment 3675441

View attachment 3675442

View attachment 3675443

It really depends on your coloring and wardrobe. If you have your heart set on that particular MT they do come up on ebay so keep checking there. Otherwise, there will be plenty more to tempt you. I do suggest trying them on in store if you can, so you can play with it and see how things look IRL and what works best on you.

You’re much welcome! Yup I got very nice things and my new orange and turquoise GM maxi twilly comes from the current sales. Actually I was considering buying several simple twillys but wasn’t that fond of the prints. The SA next to me was folding the MT and she had this beauty in her hand. My eyes opened wide at the sight of it. It was literally love at first sight.
I guess they will be back for next winter sales then. [emoji847] Can’t wait!

Ahh great! Yes sometimes you really have to ask if there is any specific model hidden under the counter. I'm really kicking myself for leaving Paris before the sale. I thought I could give up the sale by now but apparently not :P.

It really depends on your coloring and wardrobe. If you have your heart set on that particular MT they do come up on ebay so keep checking there. Otherwise, there will be plenty more to tempt you. I do suggest trying them on in store if you can, so you can play with it and see how things look IRL and what works best on you.

Thanks for the insight BBC. This was an old post from a last year and I did skip two later colours that were not my first choise. My H silk collection has been grown since then, still haven't found the MT as much as I liked for this particular one. But of course I am sure there will be many other beauties in the future!

It all depends on your coloring and wardrobe. Don't settle, a perfect one will come along.

Thank you Prinipessa. I didn't settle in the end, and I am still waiting for the perfect one. :smile:

Reactions: Thejewelryblonde