Vintage Blue Zircon Right Hand Ring—cool or weird?

Well ..bigger is always better! Or not. :biggrin: Is it deeper teal than your original? but that could be the photography. I like it but personally prefer the setting on the first. Of course if it were given to me, I’d gladly wear it! :P Seriously though, since It is more of a cocktail ring..I think it might not be Great for everyday because the stone is not hearty like diamonds or sapphires. Bigger also means more susceptible, especially if you’re right handed (but you’ll eventually get used to it). Every time, I wear a right hand ring, I bang it:sad:

Looks like you’re not sold on the first one..so keep on looking!

Okay, I actually love the 1st ring, but had the opportunity to get the 6.47 for a good price. And I kind of wanted a round zircon. ..I’m in a blue gem frenzy right now so I might have to keep both! Luckily, I’m left handed:lol:

Reactions: whateve
Okay, I actually love the 1st ring, but had the opportunity to get the 6.47 for a good price. And I kind of wanted a round zircon. ..I’m in a blue gem frenzy right now so I might have to keep both! Luckily, I’m left handed:lol:

Haha that is so awesome! :girlsigh:I love jewelry, so you’ll get no argument from me! Jewelry has better intrinsic value than say purses, my other obsession:annoyed:...and it takes up very little room! :P Go lulu go!! What’s next?:drinks:

I’ll vicariously follow your acquisition journey with great pleasure! It really is so fun to talk to other enthusiasts! I don’t get much feedback from DH besides “that’s nice, how much did that cost..”

Reactions: efleon
Haha that is so awesome! :girlsigh:I love jewelry, so you’ll get no argument from me! Jewelry has better intrinsic value than say purses, my other obsession:annoyed:...and it takes up very little room! :P Go lulu go!! What’s next?:drinks:

I’ll vicariously follow your acquisition journey with great pleasure! It really is so fun to talk to other enthusiasts! I don’t get much feedback from DH besides “that’s nice, how much did that cost..”

I totally agree on the intrinsic value of jewels. The jeweler that I had authenticate ring #1 said that the price I paid was worth setting alone! Now DH doesn't know about the 6.47 ct zircon yet but I couldn't resist for the size and the price.:P

The 6.47 stone is supposed to be a little worn on the surface. I hoping that I won't have to get to polished right away. I will post a side by side of ring #3 next to ring #1 when I get it. Lmk if you see a good deal on a Paraiba. That's my unicorn...

Reactions: essiedub
8796ABBB-EEA7-490F-B2B7-2B0F91480D3C.jpeg
I totally agree on the intrinsic value of jewels. The jeweler that I had authenticate ring #1 said that the price I paid was worth setting alone! Now DH doesn't know about the 6.47 ct zircon yet but I couldn't resist for the size and the price.:P

The 6.47 stone is supposed to be a little worn on the surface. I hoping that I won't have to get to polished right away. I will post a side by side of ring #3 next to ring #1 when I get it. Lmk if you see a good deal on a Paraiba. That's my unicorn...

Okay. Here’s ring #3 (round) next to ring #1 (oval). You can see that round stone is much more green in comparison to the oval zircon. The round actually looks like more of a Montana sapphire to my eyes.

Ring #3 isn’t returnable, but I love ring #1 just as it is so I guess I’m keeping both.
Ring #3 is a size 4 so I will have it resized for now and reset it in the future.

View attachment 4111879

Okay. Here’s ring #3 (round) next to ring #1 (oval). You can see that round stone is much more green in comparison to the oval zircon. The round actually looks like more of a Montana sapphire to my eyes.

Ring #3 isn’t returnable, but I love ring #1 just as it is so I guess I’m keeping both.
Ring #3 is a size 4 so I will have it resized for now and reset it in the future.

The cOlors are different enough so you have good variation. Side by side, #1 looks like PAraiba.congratulations!

Reactions: lulu_ma