YSL OR GUCCI CARD HOLDER?

Nattiekins

Dec 27, 2012
Hey guys!!! I’m SO torn between these two card holders! I’m in love with both the Gucci MarmontCard Case in Nude because I think it will go very nice with my new Gucci Soho Disco. But I am also in love with the YSL Monogram card holder.

Anyone own either of these, or better yet, both?? I’m worried because I heard the YSL one can be extremely stiff but I haven’t heard much about the Gucci.

IMG_4515.jpg
IMG_4514.jpg

I prefer the ysl because it is more of a classic & will go with any bag you use. The ysl cardholders are very stiff at first but that’s typical with many cardholders & wallets.

I was torn as well. The ysl one was too stiff for me. I couldn’t get too many cards in when I tried. I wanted a red Gucci one but when I saw it in person I wasn’t in love. I ended up getting a Tiffany card case. So far I’m happy with my chicken

Hey guys!!! I’m SO torn between these two card holders! I’m in love with both the Gucci MarmontCard Case in Nude because I think it will go very nice with my new Gucci Soho Disco. But I am also in love with the YSL Monogram card holder.

Anyone own either of these, or better yet, both?? I’m worried because I heard the YSL one can be extremely stiff but I haven’t heard much about the Gucci.

View attachment 4011472
View attachment 4011471
I prefer the YSL chevron over the Gucci quilting. I think the Gucci looks more pretty whilst the YSL looks more sexy and edgy. But both gorgeous.

Reactions: Nxv033 and honey52
I prefer the YSL chevron over the Gucci quilting. I think the Gucci looks more pretty whilst the YSL looks more sexy and edgy. But both gorgeous.[/QUOTE

[ATTACH

View attachment 4011472
View attachment 4011471
Don't get the Gucci one!! I had that exact one and it was dreadful. The brass colouring wore off within one month and the corners of the leather wore down in two months! I complained to gucci and it took them about 7 months for them to inspect it and refund me. Their customer service is dreadful. I actually replaced it with the ysl one and it has been great so far.

Reactions: RitaLA
my YSL gray one is fabulous, yes it's stiff but right now it's holding 6 of my main cards with ease. I'm sure I could add more, and it's easy to get into now. I purchased it for myself last June and have been using it nonstop for about 10 months. the YSL silver emblem is still on point - no flake. The corners have held up well and are not wrinkled at all. I am one happy camper!

Reactions: RitaLA
Go for the ysl! I have the marking bag in that same color and I love it but I’m not one to match my slgs to my bags so I’d definitely pick the ysl. Someone said it’s more edgy/sexy and that’s very true imo

This is an old post, but for the purse posterity: I have both of the card holders. My YSL monogram one is black with gold hardware and my Gucci one is in Nude/Porcelain Rose (depending where you purchased it from, the color name is different).

I think the quality is marginally better on the YSL, even though one of my card slots had peeling glazing when I bought it. The texture of the leather keeps it from getting scratches when you take it in and out of a bag that has zippers.I am very conscious of this with the Gucci. I also only used the Gucci when I was less likely to be handling grocery shopping etc. due to dirty hands and whatnot . I also saw two different lots of the same Gucci cardholder and sizing wasn't consistent. That may or may not be a deal breaker.

If I were you, I'd go YSL and purchase it from a department store for superior customer service.

This is an old post, but for the purse posterity: I have both of the card holders. My YSL monogram one is black with gold hardware and my Gucci one is in Nude/Porcelain Rose (depending where you purchased it from, the color name is different).

I think the quality is marginally better on the YSL, even though one of my card slots had peeling glazing when I bought it. The texture of the leather keeps it from getting scratches when you take it in and out of a bag that has zippers.I am very conscious of this with the Gucci. I also only used the Gucci when I was less likely to be handling grocery shopping etc. due to dirty hands and whatnot . I also saw two different lots of the same Gucci cardholder and sizing wasn't consistent. That may or may not be a deal breaker.

If I were you, I'd go YSL and purchase it from a department store for superior customer service.
As I am reading your comments, I am nodding my head in acknowledgment... agreeing with you. Mainly when you suggested that she goes to a department store to get better customer service. As I agree, it also makes me furious that we pay top dollar for these handbags, which are not vital for survival (some might disagree on that statement :biggrin:) and they don’t even have the decency to stay behind their products. I tend to buy my expensive handbags from Nordstrom since I know they will back me up. Had to exchange two YSL bags and the process was flawless. The one brand that really surprised me was chanel at South Coast Plaza! Awesome customer service and down to earth SA I really enjoyed my experience with including returns, which are not always well received

Reactions: donutsprinkles