Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I hardly own any scarfs yet, as I find what I like does not necessarily look good on me and vice versa. This one though was love at first sight last summer - my 2017 Le Saut H by Cyrille Diatkine in the saumon / jaune / gris colorway. I just love this pointillistic print, only upon inspection from quite afar one can tell that there is actually a horse depicted (pls see picture no. 2 below). I also find it is a perfect match for the twillies that I bought recently alongside my first H bag (pic no. 3).

1BE43698-578B-4C79-84D1-283D1D75C077.jpeg
F1CAB489-38DD-426E-A639-9BECB49993EA.jpeg 620DBD93-E932-44DA-8CB8-6B9DDA9CC9F4.jpeg

Last edited:
Jardin Anglais is so,lovely on you, bunnycat!

Congrats on your find, HNN! Twinnies.

Thank you Croisette!

OT today with PELAGES & CAMOUFLAGE, moussie, 1,40

View attachment 4099251
Oh- that blue is so stunning! Wow!

Fifi showed off the animals on Hemisphaerium Coeli Boreale:
View attachment 4099422

Beautiful plisse Fizzy!

SOTD yesterday was the robot spiders on Flamboyant Web. I was all bundled up fighting off the sniffles.
View attachment 4099459

Today's SOTD is Ecureuils. All the sprightly squirrels are eyeing the nuts.
View attachment 4099460

Love the big brother of my FW xincinsin- and the adorable squirrels.! (Feel better!)

Hi,

I hardly own any scarfs yet, as I find what I like does not necessarily look good on me and vice versa. This one though was love at first sight last summer - my 2017 Le Saut H by Cyrille Diatkine in the saumon / jaune / gris colorway. I just love this pointillistic print, only upon inspection from quite afar one can tell that there is actually a horse depicted (pls see picture no. 2 below). I also find it is a perfect match for the twillies that I bought recently alongside my first H bag (pic no. 3).

View attachment 4099497
View attachment 4099493 View attachment 4099495

Beautiful on you marzipanchen! I love the modern vibe of this one. (And it is a very hard learned lesson many people have at the start when we figure out that sometimes what we like to look at and what looks good on us is not always the same thing.)

oooh, I love your Tigre Royal in this colorway..... Looks great on you. I have this on my wishlist as well, exactly in the same beautiful pink / gold / off white colors....

Just arrived!! My new-to-me Tigre Royal 90 silk. :love: I don’t buy vintage designs too often, but I was in the mood for an iconic design in an original colorway. I believe this one may be from the first issue. It’s from an early issue anyway.

View attachment 4099012

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut
QUOTE="marzipanchen, post: 32352589, member: 606938"]oooh, I love your Tigre Royal in this colorway..... Looks great on you. I have this on my wishlist as well, exactly in the same beautiful pink / gold / off white colors....[/QUOTE]

Thank you, marzipanchen!! :flowers: I actually bought one a couple years ago. It was pretty messed up with all kinds of stains and I got it for a really low price. I did an at-home dip dye job on it. It came out OK, but I still wanted the original pink. There are more out there, but they seem to sell quickly. I hope you find a good deal on one!! Here’s a photo of the one I dip dyed. It used to be pink like the one I just got.

E725DF01-10DC-4984-91FF-08364C25AAF8.png

This blue is stunning!

Beautiful cw and perfect necklace with it!

Thank you Croisette!

Oh- that blue is so stunning! Wow!

Beautiful plisse Fizzy!

Love the big brother of my FW xincinsin- and the adorable squirrels.! (Feel better!)

Beautiful on you marzipanchen! I love the modern vibe of this one. (And it is a very hard learned lesson many people have at the start when we figure out that sometimes what we like to look at and what looks good on us is not always the same thing.)
Many thanks, monteverdi, scarf & bunnycat!

QUOTE="marzipanchen, post: 32352589, member: 606938"]oooh, I love your Tigre Royal in this colorway..... Looks great on you. I have this on my wishlist as well, exactly in the same beautiful pink / gold / off white colors....

Thank you, marzipanchen!! :flowers: I actually bought one a couple years ago. It was pretty messed up with all kinds of stains and I got it for a really low price. I did an at-home dip dye job on it. It came out OK, but I still wanted the original pink. There are more out there, but they seem to sell quickly. I hope you find a good deal on one!! Here’s a photo of the one I dip dyed. It used to be pink like the one I just got.

View attachment 4099514[/QUOTE]
HNN, you did a great job, I like your DD Tigre Royal!

Many thanks, monteverdi, scarf & bunnycat!

View attachment 4099514
HNN, you did a great job, I like your DD Tigre Royal![/QUOTE]

Thank you, Croisette!! :flowers:

Reactions: Croisette7
You did such an awesome job with this dip dye Hermes Nuttynut - it looks very cool and almost a bit edgy. Love the result!

Hi,

View attachment 4099497
View attachment 4099493 View attachment 4099495
Very pretty choices!
It's wonderful that you have discerned what really suits you as opposed to what simply looks good to the eye.

Reactions: marzipanchen
Very pretty choices!
It's wonderful that you have discerned what really suits you as opposed to what simply looks good to the eye.
Thank you for your kind words, xincinsin. To be honest, I was quite surprised how difficult it is to find a scarf that suits me. Much easier choosing a bag, I must say! On the other hand, it is something I wear close to my face and as I get older, I find that I need to be more careful with color and pattern. Some wash me out, some overwhelm me. Oh well, I guess I should see this as a good thing - less money spent or rather more money to spend on other beautiful items in orange boxes. :smile:

Reactions: AnnaE
You did such an awesome job with this dip dye Hermes Nuttynut - it looks very cool and almost a bit edgy. Love the result!

View attachment 4099514
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, marzipanchen!! :flowers: It was pretty scary as I held the scarf over the bucket of dye, but I got it for about $100, so I was willing to risk it. I don’t think I’d do another though. It took A LOT of work and time to rinse the extra dye out, but it was a fun experiment!!

This is a nice change! When you don't wear red, do you feel you have to compensate with a change of makeup or something else? When I don't wear blue I can't figure out what to do.....

Yes! I have to wear at least a red lipstick (and I have a lot of those).

It's interesting because I do own a lot of red clothes (I probably have more red fit-and-flare McQueen dresses than a woman reasonably needs), but I don't think I walk around like a crazy person clad in red head-to-toe. Red scarves + lipstick + nailpolish is probably the normal amount of red for me.

I just hit BIN on a (red) scarf that I had been lusting over for a while, and it was overpriced, but I couldn't find it anywhere else for months. This brings my total of red scarves to... many. Send help.

QUOTE="marzipanchen, post: 32352589, member: 606938"]oooh, I love your Tigre Royal in this colorway..... Looks great on you. I have this on my wishlist as well, exactly in the same beautiful pink / gold / off white colors....

I think you did a great job on it HNN! - it has a lovely "jungle at night" glow.

I always forget that Les Léopards have fangs and claws... they look so sweet with those innocent smiles on their faces! Like the (big) cats who swallowed the canaries! :giggle:

View attachment 4099674 View attachment 4099675

Oooh- so cute! Love the way you styled it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.