Vache Hunter

So small update 24h on, things have settled down, but there seem to be a couple of raised ‘blotches’ that may become part of my Evie’s patina!

Lostinlondon, like you I just like to ‘use’ my bags. Let’s face it, with the London rain and public transport, there’s little choice in the matter! I still think Hunter is pretty resilient, just not quite as impervious as i’d Previously thought. PS: I went for noir! One of those colours I always avoided for something a little brighter, but thought suited the stealth look really suited the design!

Attachments

• 8229FC7F-E72E-4F8E-996F-B79CB685A473.jpeg
    8229FC7F-E72E-4F8E-996F-B79CB685A473.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 396
Remember DocRide's 3feet/1metre rule for looking at bags.
At the moment know just where to look, so you can see the evidence of the rain.
It will be unnoticeable to anybody else.
I think this leather will be at its best in a few years when it has naturally softened,
then you will look back and know that you made a good choice.

Reactions: Lostinlondon
Thanks for the update FreddieMac. Good weather forecast today and Evie is out again after resting at home yesterday. I’ll have to live with my choice and stop worrying every time there’s a chance of rain here in London.

Remember DocRide's 3feet/1metre rule for looking at bags.
At the moment know just where to look, so you can see the evidence of the rain.
It will be unnoticeable to anybody else.
I think this leather will be at its best in a few years when it has naturally softened,
then you will look back and know that you made a good choice.

Very true!

Thanks for offering a bit of perspective. The first mark is always the hardest. I remember taking my Evergrain Cityhall our for the first day and getting a huge scratch across the face of it. Now there are plenty, they all blend into one and you don’t even see them a little way away!

Reactions: DR2014
Just catching up on some of the threads I made before I went on a holiday last year.

It seems that I may have influenced some of you guys to get their Evelyne Selliers because of this thread. I feel kinda proud. lol

Perhaps I should call myself... an influencer. :lol::lol::lol:

#millennial
#influencer
#hermesshouldgivemeadiscount :lol:
You definitely influenced me!!!! :lol::wave::coolio:

Reactions: allanrvj
I’ve had my black Evelyn sellier in vache hunter in size 29 since October 2017 and have used her daily for work since then. Been caught in the rain even...

I’m only 5 ft tall and pretty petite and the 29 is a good size - any bigger and I think it’d be too big. I only wear it cross body.

I get so many compliments on this bag, it’s so easy to use and very under the radar. I can see some scratches if I look really closely (because it’s black) but so far it still looks new and I’m really happy I made this impulse purchase during an invite-only event I attended at my H store when everything I had my eye on was sold out.
Hi I’m new to the forum after purchasing my first H bag and it’s the fauve Evelyne 29 in Vache hunter - I am very anxious wearing it- can you comment on this that it’s a good or not so good first time h- bag - I’m not very careful with my bags so if it’s scratches a lot, it’s okay for this type of leather and makes it more “mature” of should I by the older model in Epsom leather ?

Hi I’m new to the forum after purchasing my first H bag and it’s the fauve Evelyne 29 in Vache hunter - I am very anxious wearing it- can you comment on this that it’s a good or not so good first time h- bag - I’m not very careful with my bags so if it’s scratches a lot, it’s okay for this type of leather and makes it more “mature” of should I by the older model in Epsom leather ?
Hi! Welcome to The Purse Forum!

As someone who had an epsom bag before, I wouldn't get another one. It feels plasticky and over time it gets that "sucked in" look (like when you're drinking juice from a box), at least for Birkin-type bags.

I've never owned a bag like yours but I've seen it in the store and it's gorgeous! :heart:

It's definitely the kind of bag that looks better with age! You should do a search on vache hunter! There are pictures of how it ages somewhere, and I know other members have the same bag :smile:

Reactions: LaraC

Hi and welcome!! Yes as others have stated there are some pictures showing this type of leather and how it wears, etc. I own the bag in the black color, so can't attest to how a lighter color bag will scratch and whether it would bother me. My black bag definitely has a few visible scratches especially when looking from certain angles. I'm careful with my bags but do not baby them and this is definitely not my first H bag (that was my Lindy 26 in Clemence leather in the color etain and that bag wears like iron - so low maintenance and didn't scratch at all). I personally don't mind the scratches and love using it more now that there are scratches and it's not as stiff as when I first bought it. I also just purchased the insert for this bag and it really makes a difference in how much more I enjoy using it. Perfect running around bag and it's understated. I say go for it and enjoy using your bag!!

Reactions: LaraC