Graceful ring wear

jennarlt

O.G.
Mar 27, 2008
I'm new to LV, so forgive me if this is a common occurrence, but the rings on my Graceful seem to be tarnishing and scratching quite badly. I have had this bag for less then 3 months and have used it maybe 20-30 times, so should the rings be worn this much? I feel like in a year it will look horrible :sad:

Just curious if any of you have experienced this or if its normal? It was an online purchase from LV as the closest one to us in in a Holt about 6 hours away, so going in isn't an option for another 6 weeks or so.

hwrqOIR5Rh+4AKz6hH97%w.jpghwrqOIR5Rh+4AKz6hH97%w.jpg Rhko03V3QBmoxdr9F5bctw.jpg gLT1N2JISPO6BcA+lCW%bg.jpg 3602bzK6QZSOr0bbYZKX6w.jpg CkPGsmsmRhWy+l3V0oE31w.jpg

I would bring it back to the store and see what they do about this . I would not try to fix the problem myself if it were my handbag. I wonder if they will replace those rings for you. Let us know what happens if you decide to bring it back to the store.

Well, gosh. I find this ring wear totally unacceptable. If LV is not using brass any longer, at the least they could do would be to use a material that wouldn't look like I had been carrying it for 10 years, because I have contemporary bags that have held up with little to no wear for longer than that. This issue is starting to get on my nerves for the OP, and is a contributing factor in what I should personally be purchasing next for myself from LV.

Reactions: Pink_ice_cream
Possibly not a true brass? Strange. My Graceful’s rings still look brand new after purchasing last September at my local boutique, even with a bag charm attached. Personally, I’d have replaced.

Last edited:
81C669CD-4614-4F66-83A0-725BBB314338.jpeg I tried polishing with just a dry cloth and it removed a bit of the tarnished look. Still not as shiny :sad: I know it’s to be expected as it’s metal rings rubbing on metal rings, but it seems excessive to me given how little it’s been used. I got it March 26th and I use it maybe 3 times a week at the most. I’m a wahm with 4 kiddos, so I usually carry my diaper bag during the day.

I had hoped to use this bag for many years, I just can’t see those rings looking anywhere near decent in even an years time.

I’m going to email LV and sss what they say. I was just curious if this is a common thing with this bag (or the Artsy as they have the same rings) of if I was being nit picky.

Attachments

• 1415076A-377F-413B-B0E6-6C06B1FEC38E.jpeg
    1415076A-377F-413B-B0E6-6C06B1FEC38E.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 844
View attachment 4096853 I tried polishing with just a dry cloth and it removed a bit of the tarnished look. Still not as shiny :sad: I know it’s to be expected as it’s metal rings rubbing on metal rings, but it seems excessive to me given how little it’s been used. I got it March 26th and I use it maybe 3 times a week at the most. I’m a wahm with 4 kiddos, so I usually carry my diaper bag during the day.

I had hoped to use this bag for many years, I just can’t see those rings looking anywhere near decent in even an years time.

I’m going to email LV and sss what they say. I was just curious if this is a common thing with this bag (or the Artsy as they have the same rings) of if I was being nit picky.
Did you get it wet it seems like the last picture there is a spot on the vachetta?

I don't know..I just looked at my NM mono Delightful, which is 3 years old and I've used it a lot. My rings are designed exactly like yours and my metal looks shiny and flawless. I don't think it's normal wear for just a little over a month. I would take it and see what they say.

Nope! A bit of spitting rain once, but that should not be an issue. Frustrated as these bags are meant to be used aren't they?!:sad:
I can understand your frustration. I also understand you are quite a way from the boutique but you will need to take it in. Yes these bags are meant to be used but unfortunately not the same bag daily. (Yes I know I will get flack for that comment). But it is true. I know these bags cost a thousand plus but this does not mean they will be indestructible. Just take it in and see what they say - who knows they may replace the bag.

Reactions: Cat2015