Hermès "Wildlife" Sightings

We also do ask that members be mindful of people's privacy when taking photos, as they likely have not consented to be photographed and have their belongings on display here. So please be considerate when posting these "in the wild" photos. Thanks!

I’m posting this because now I’m confused as I’m being told rules have been changed without us being made aware. Since when has it been become up to the poster to choose if they want the faces shown or not?
Where is our consent to privacy?

Mistikat has always told us blank out the faces.

PS: Where’s the Hermes in the pic?

Last edited:
I’m posting this because now I’m confused as I’m being told rules have been changed without us being made aware. Since when has it been become up to the poster to choose if they want the faces shown or not?

I doubt the rule has changed but since mistikat is no longer with us, nobody is enforce the rule any more.

I think she carries a lindy.

Reactions: jellyv

I guess we will have to wait for TPF being sued for invasion of privacy!

I guess we will have to wait for TPF being sued for invasion of privacy!

As an FYI, it is perfectly legal in the US to take a picture of a person in a public place, it is no invasion of privacy. Regardless, as a courtesy to those photographed, we do very much still prefer the person to be non-identifiable in the photos posted here. :idea:

As an FYI, it is perfectly legal in the US to take a picture of a person in a public place, it is no invasion of privacy. Regardless, as a courtesy to those photographed, we do very much still prefer the person to be non-identifiable in the photos posted here. :idea:

Thanks Vlad! Came here to post exactly this. Always better to be safe than sorry, especially if it is not known if this picture was taken in the US or not.

Reactions: Vlad
Of course. But is it also legal to publish their face on the internet and store them on your server, especially there was a minor involved? Anyhow I don't live in the US. So perhaps the laws are more relaxed there.

Reactions: lulilu and thyme