Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

Well I feel kinda awkward now. I bought one from Wish for 20 Dollars and I love it [emoji85]

Why feel awkward? I have one that was similarly priced from the container store and I love it too for my clemence b30 since I use it more for the organizational aspect. I only splurged on the pricier one from 7RP for my swift b25 as I wanted an insert to give the bag more structure but not be so stiff that it would leave dents in the soft leather.

Even though the 7RP are excellent quality I don’t really feel the need to purchase more for other b/k bags in Epsom and tadelakt and am fine with the $20 insert.

Reactions: obsessedwhermes
Why feel awkward? I have one that was similarly priced from the container store and I love it too for my clemence b30 since I use it more for the organizational aspect. I only splurged on the pricier one from 7RP for my swift b25 as I wanted an insert to give the bag more structure but not be so stiff that it would leave dents in the soft leather.

Even though the 7RP are excellent quality I don’t really feel the need to purchase more for other b/k bags in Epsom and tadelakt and am fine with the $20 insert.

Would you mind sharing a photo of your insert in your Swift B? I also have a Swift B and was worried about it denting from the hard corners of the insert.

Hi ladies
Does anyone have a MaiTai Bolide 35 insert that they could share a picture of.
Even better if you also have a MT K32 to compare it to.
I am currently using a MT K32 in my new to me bolide 35/37 which has "sagged" nicely at the bottom.
The B35 was too bulky at the top so that didn't work.
The K32 insert is definitely shorter than the bag, but I like how I can slip a CSGM down the long side between the bag and the insert in a MT pouch.
As this bag has quickly become a goto favourite of mine just wondering whether to get a proper Bolide insert for it or whether that would mean the CSGM wouldn't go down the side and would need to go on the top which wouldn't be as functional.
Thanks in advance for your help.
:smile:

I know what you mean. I feel that way about Vache Liegee which is also a stiff leather, and even sellier style Kellys that are already so structured. [emoji8]

My concern was that my kellys would have dents & that didn't appeal to me
My SA suggested going down one size in the fourbi for my 35 kellys which works perfectly & I prefer the unstructured look of the fourbi
We all have to find what works & no reason for any of us to feel awkward..

Reactions: lala28
Hi ladies
Does anyone have a MaiTai Bolide 35 insert that they could share a picture of.
Even better if you also have a MT K32 to compare it to.
I am currently using a MT K32 in my new to me bolide 35/37 which has "sagged" nicely at the bottom.
The B35 was too bulky at the top so that didn't work.
The K32 insert is definitely shorter than the bag, but I like how I can slip a CSGM down the long side between the bag and the insert in a MT pouch.
As this bag has quickly become a goto favourite of mine just wondering whether to get a proper Bolide insert for it or whether that would mean the CSGM wouldn't go down the side and would need to go on the top which wouldn't be as functional.
Thanks in advance for your help.
:smile:

Here is my Clemence Bolide 35 with the MT insert inside. When you first get the insert, you smush it into the bottom corners of the Bolide because the insert fits exactly to the Bolide measurements. There isn’t any unfilled space at the bottom. The insert is flexible and I don’t think it is structured enough to leave any marks. I like it because it doesn’t really change the overall look of my Bolide, but provides a nice insert which uses all of the bag space.

IMG_4667.jpg

I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I am so excited to share this thing that I made: IMG_20180603_183117.jpg IMG_20180603_182738.jpg IMG_20180603_183027.jpg
After reviewing the options for bag inserts and thinking about how I wanted to organize my purse, I realized that I wanted something ultra-customized and decided to design and make one for myself.

The exterior is a dark gray silk dupioni, while the interior is a hot pink quilted poly. The pockets were designed specifically to hold my phone, reusable shopping bag, hand sanitizer, emergency chocolate, and pens. I also added a little open pocket on the side to hold my work badge and transit pass on an easily accessible spot.

It was a pretty easy DIY, suitable for anyone with a little experience with sewing. I'm happy to share my pattern if anyone else wants to give it a try.

I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I am so excited to share this thing that I made: View attachment 4090438 View attachment 4090443 View attachment 4090444
After reviewing the options for bag inserts and thinking about how I wanted to organize my purse, I realized that I wanted something ultra-customized and decided to design and make one for myself.

The exterior is a dark gray silk dupioni, while the interior is a hot pink quilted poly. The pockets were designed specifically to hold my phone, reusable shopping bag, hand sanitizer, emergency chocolate, and pens. I also added a little open pocket on the side to hold my work badge and transit pass on an easily accessible spot.

It was a pretty easy DIY, suitable for anyone with a little experience with sewing. I'm happy to share my pattern if anyone else wants to give it a try.
Looks professionally made! Very well done!

I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I am so excited to share this thing that I made: View attachment 4090438 View attachment 4090443 View attachment 4090444

Well done - looks excellent [emoji1303]