Kelly Pochette, anyone not love it?

Gosh, I have 2 exotic KPs— one is matte gris elephant gator and the other is shiny graphite gator, both have PHW, and I don’t really use them at all. I feel like if I’m going to a dressier event like a black tie formal, then I prefer to carry a cocktail clutch like a Judith Leiber, or if it’s slightly less formal like an evening wedding, then another evening type bag maybe in silk or satin or something with beading but nothing that’s a leather or exotic skin. When I had a more “social” night life (circa clubs and bars), I got more use out of my KPs. It could be that I felt hipper or edgier back then (probably slimmer and more stylish, too- ha ha), and I seem to recall using it often when I was wearing leather pants... Anyway, nowadays I like to keep my hands free (so I can hold a glass of wine -lol!) so I don’t often reach for the KP anymore. Come to think of it, I’m probably more hesitant to use my KPs because they are exotic; I think I have too sweaty palms plus I always seem to get water splashed on me at the washroom sink.

I also think it makes a big difference if you LOVE [emoji173]️[emoji173]️ the color. I picked neutral evening colors for mine but am not in love with either color which I’m sure is a factor. If I had a KP, exotic or non exotic, in a color that “spoke to me”, then my guess is that I would feel differently.

This is such a helpful thread.
I’ve often considered adding a KP or a KC to my H collection. The KC is beautiful but very long.
The KP seems like a better fit for my needs but I would likely only carry it for informal occasions. Dinners out, etc.
I think I would hesitate to carry this bag to a formal event ...Just as I wound not wear leather shoes I probably would not carry a leather (even exotic) bag.
If I am ever offered a KP in shiny Rouge H croc with GHW I will probably find my CC leaping straight out of my kelly wallet all by itself.

This is such a helpful thread.
I’ve often considered adding a KP or a KC to my H collection. The KC is beautiful but very long.
The KP seems like a better fit for my needs but I would likely only carry it for informal occasions. Dinners out, etc.
I think I would hesitate to carry this bag to a formal event ...Just as I wound not wear leather shoes I probably would not carry a leather (even exotic) bag.
If I am ever offered a KP in shiny Rouge H croc with GHW I will probably find my CC leaping straight out of my kelly wallet all by itself.
I think the problem with H is that often when we are in need of a certain KC or KP for a particular event, you can't just run out and buy it. So we (well, more like I) buy 'just in case' when the right colour and combo comes along, imagining them with the outfits it would go with... but then this is where the fantasy remains... in my closet!

Hi all! I hope this is the right place to post my burning question as there is so much love for the KP that there are several other threads started already

For those of you who use a farandole necklace or twillon to turn the KP into a bag with ‘shoulder strap’, which is a more sturdy option? I see many photos of people using the farandole necklace but I worry the necklace is not strong enough or will grate on the sides.

I personally like the look of the twillon more, and I would feel more comfortable using it too since it is soft fabric vs a metal necklace. Just hope that it is sturdy enough.

All these are hypothetical musings at this point as I don’t really have a need for a small mini bag or clutch right now. But it’s always nice to dream :smile:

Ladies, I have the chance to buy this resale for a good price, it’s 2008 and I think I literally stopped breathing when I saw it, but it’s still a lot to spend for a 10 year old piece...it would be my first exotic and I’m wondering if you have advice on how the skin wears (it has two little silver dots next to the hallmark) and useage of a KP. The colour is so beautiful it’s a soft vert, your thoughts? Apologies for a slight diversion to the thread OP, but our question is similar and when I read your thread and the posts I felt at home!

Attachments

• 911D4C7D-2C4B-4EAE-8C12-CE82E0D826A2.jpeg
    911D4C7D-2C4B-4EAE-8C12-CE82E0D826A2.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 446
  • 333BB7B8-11F7-4662-B145-93FE01F56681.jpeg
    333BB7B8-11F7-4662-B145-93FE01F56681.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 437
Hi all! I hope this is the right place to post my burning question as there is so much love for the KP that there are several other threads started already

For those of you who use a farandole necklace or twillon to turn the KP into a bag with ‘shoulder strap’, which is a more sturdy option? I see many photos of people using the farandole necklace but I worry the necklace is not strong enough or will grate on the sides.

I personally like the look of the twillon more, and I would feel more comfortable using it too since it is soft fabric vs a metal necklace. Just hope that it is sturdy enough.

All these are hypothetical musings at this point as I don’t really have a need for a small mini bag or clutch right now. But it’s always nice to dream :smile:

I wouldn't use a farandole because it could damage the flap of the bag. I am on the lookout for a twillon to match my matte gator bordeaux KP. I think that if you tie the twillon to the sides of the handle, it won't damage the bag. Granted, you can't stuff the KP. Keep it light with basic essentials like a lipstick, key in a pouch, cc, a little cash and phone.

I wouldn't use a farandole because it could damage the flap of the bag. I am on the lookout for a twillon to match my matte gator bordeaux KP. I think that if you tie the twillon to the sides of the handle, it won't damage the bag. Granted, you can't stuff the KP. Keep it light with basic essentials like a lipstick, key in a pouch, cc, a little cash and phone.

This.