Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

Can anyone ID the specifics of this bag? Is it a Kelly Retourne 40 in Tabac? Natural? Something else? Do you think that’s epsom leather?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Attachments

• C589E50D-F6A7-46F9-AE24-2FC542630F91.jpeg
    C589E50D-F6A7-46F9-AE24-2FC542630F91.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 404
Hello dear TPFers,

My friend and I have been wondering for awhile now what leather this Kelly is - it’s from 2007 and my friend never bothered to ask what specific leather it was when she got it. At one point (soon after she purchased it) a SA from a different store said that the leather was probably togo.

However, when compared to my togo bags the grain seems bigger and flatter, and the leather also seems to be not as matte. I guess it’s possible that the leather is, in fact, togo, but just with plenty of wear and tear over the past decade? (This bag was used quite frequently!) My togo purses are fairly new so it’s difficult to compare in that sense.

Here are some photos, both with and without flash:

Not sure if the photo quality is good enough so that you can see easily, but here is a comparison with an Etoupe togo - you can see that the togo looks a lot more "matte," and the grain is a lot smaller.

And below is a photo compared with Barenia Faubourg on the left (my friend's mystery leather Kelly on the right):

As you can see from the photos, the bag definitely has some slouch to it.
I'm guessing it's either Clemence or maybe Fjord? Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance!