Cartier price increase thread *please include your location*

I actually went to Cartier today and purchased my first love bracelet. I asked about the price increase and my SA told me that the fiscal year for Cartier just finished and that there was no price increase for the love bracelets. In fact, there was a price decrease for a few random items. But she did not expect the love bracelet to see any price decreases.

So sad. I was browsing in the HK airport store thinking it’s $46900 and was interested to get it once I’m back from my trip then my eyes popped out when I saw it went up ton$49200!! And the saddest part is that they all looked so scuffed for the display models as if it’s been tried on millions times which kinda lost its elegance. Should I??

Reactions: Noyerx
So sad. I was browsing in the HK airport store thinking it’s $46900 and was interested to get it once I’m back from my trip then my eyes popped out when I saw it went up ton$49200!! And the saddest part is that they all looked so scuffed for the display models as if it’s been tried on millions times which kinda lost its elegance. Should I??
It's a beautiful watch, but at this price point I think I would chose Rolex instead.

Price drop 6.5% at Cartier Bangkok Boutiques due to the strong Thai Baht since May 1st 2018, tourist receives another 7% VAT refund.
Current price after deduct VAT will be almost the same as retail price in USA without paying US Tax
(i.e. above picture, PG Love Gemstones Retail is approx $8300 in Boutique, after tax refund is approx $7720)

Im under the impression that both rainbow loves are now cheaper on the French site as well.. Now the pink gold rainbow is EUR7,450 and I thought before was around 8k? Is that possible? And also, the rest of the bracelets seem to have the same price so perhaps the price has always been the same and I don't remember very well cause it doesn't make sense just those two bracelets became suddenly cheaper.

Im under the impression that both rainbow loves are now cheaper on the French site as well.. Now the pink gold rainbow is EUR7,450 and I thought before was around 8k? Is that possible? And also, the rest of the bracelets seem to have the same price so perhaps the price has always been the same and I don't remember very well cause it doesn't make sense just those two bracelets became suddenly cheaper.

Any chance they are discontinuing these and phasing them out? Maybe they don't sell as well as the solid gold and gold w/diamonds?

Any chance they are discontinuing these and phasing them out? Maybe they don't sell as well as the solid gold and gold w/diamonds?

Hi there! Recently purchased second thin love bracelet and you are correct that prices went down. It's partly because, as they explained to me, fluctuating foreign exchange rates meant that's there was starting to be quite a big disparity in prices from one region to another. So globally they are trying to regularise their prices, as I understand it. It isn't because anything is being discontinued because the price on thin loves went down too and those are only like a couple of years old.

This is what was explained to me anyways, hope it helps!

Reactions: Thejewelryblonde