Help.. neverfull GM cracked! Pls see photo!

ann_gsh

O.G.
Aug 16, 2011
Hi ladies I'm so sad to find my neverfull GM cracking right beside the pocket.. the leather trim has ripped and as I pull it a little apart to take a look I notice the canvas has tore along the same line where the leather trim ripped, revealing a peak of red (interior lining color)...

I've read that if your canvas rips LV won't repair. Does this mean LV will not replace my leather trim for a fee since the trim is going to just be sewn over and we aren't really replacing any canvas!

The bag is hardly used (even handles are still stiff!) though purchased in 2009 :sad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,923
That doesn't look like a crack that just happened - it looks like it was damaged somehow. It does look like they could replace the leather over it, but I'm no expert.

Do you cinch it in that spot? It looks like it was stressed there.

Yes that's where the stress spot is from cinching the bag. It only happened at that one corner though. I'm almost afraid to bring it into the store to ask, after reading about so many TPF members getting turned down for a repair due to canvas damage.

That doesn't look like a crack that just happened - it looks like it was damaged somehow. It does look like they could replace the leather over it, but I'm no expert.
I'm not an expert at this, but I don't think this bag has been damaged by the user. A lot of people come here to complain about a bag that obviously has been scratched against a rough surface or something, but this looks like a flaw to me. If something happened to this bag, you would see other damaged spots as well. I think the canvas bellow the crack should at least show a wrinkle or the leather trim should have some damage.

Did anyone see Jeroushas latest video where she states that the leather trimmings on her speedy b DE are different from her older Neverfull? I am very curious as to maybe they switched materials/coatings to try and fix this cracking problem. Does anyone else have both a 2017 DE item as well as an old one to compare?

Did anyone see Jeroushas latest video where she states that the leather trimmings on her speedy b DE are different from her older Neverfull? I am very curious as to maybe they switched materials/coatings to try and fix this cracking problem. Does anyone else have both a 2017 DE item as well as an old one to compare?
the new DE pieces are softer. the leather is a lot softer and not as stiff as before and the actual canvas is way softer. I have a 2015 favorite and neverfull and my friend has a 2016 neverfull and the difference in the canvas is crazy. my canvas is thicker, shinier and more vibrant. hers is more flimy looking but I think its softer to prevent cracks

I have a 2018 Speedy DE and a 2016 DE Neverfull. There is definitely a difference in the leather. The 2018 is much softer and also not as shiny. I much prefer it to the leather on my Neverfull.

I have a 2018 Speedy DE and a 2016 DE Neverfull. There is definitely a difference in the leather. The 2018 is much softer
the new DE pieces are softer. the leather is a lot softer and not as stiff as before and the actual canvas is way softer. I have a 2015 favorite and neverfull and my friend has a 2016 neverfull and the difference in the canvas is crazy. my canvas is thicker, shinier and more vibrant. hers is more flimy looking but I think its softer to prevent cracks
My 2018 Neverfull PM canvas is definitely shinier and feels less dry than my 2017 Alma BB and key pouch. I like the feel of Neverfull canvas much better (feels similar to my 2008 Speedy)