Food Favorite Salad Recipes?

fabgrabs

Jun 12, 2007
Since it's so hot here in the summer, I try to use the oven as little as possible. I love salads, and want to try new recipes! What are your favorites?

Greens, pastas, fruits, anything!

Thanks!

I'll come back soon with my favorite. :heart:

I just made a really yummy layered salad to take to a cookout tomorrow

you layer the following in a big bowl starting at the bottom

1. 2 cans black beans with some garlic and cumin mixed in (drain them first, I also added some cooked bacon tonight)

2. corn and jalapenos, dice 2 jalps and a bag of frozen corn, but them in the oven at 450 for about 20 minutes stirring once and let them roast (spray with some cooking spray or a little olive oil first)

3. 1 red onion chopped

4. 1 bunch cilantro chopped

5. 6 roma tomatos chopped

6. 2 large cans of sliced black olives

7. shredded lettuce

8. chopped avocado

9. shredded cheese (I'm using a mix of sharp cheddar and mont jack, but anything would work)

10. crumbled tortilla chips

before the cheese and chips go on, add salad dressing (I'm using a honey chipotle vinagrette that I went and bought from Chipotle along with the chips - shhhh don't tell! :yes:)

this would be good with sour cream too, but I dont like sour cream
I just kinda made up this recipe, sort of a combo of a black bean and corn salsa type salad I make and a 7 layer dip.

It looks really pretty all layered in a big glass bowl and smells great, I did everything up to the olives layer and put some dressing on, I'll add the avacado lettuce cheese and chips tomorrow so nothing gets soggy or brown. I can't wait to eat it tomorrow!

Watermelon Feta Salad

- watermelon
- feta cheese
- 2 - 3 limes, juiced
- red onion
- mint
- black olives

Slice the onion as thin as possible (mandolin works best) and marinate the slices in the lime juice. Cut the watermelon and feta into large chunks and mix with the olives. Pour the onions with lime juice over the fruit/cheese mixture and mix, top with mint leaves roughly chopped or torn.

Enjoy!

This salad is SOOOOO good.

Watermelon Feta Salad

- watermelon
- feta cheese
- 2 - 3 limes, juiced
- red onion
- mint
- black olives

Slice the onion as thin as possible (mandolin works best) and marinate the slices in the lime juice. Cut the watermelon and feta into large chunks and mix with the olives. Pour the onions with lime juice over the fruit/cheese mixture and mix, top with mint leaves roughly chopped or torn.

Enjoy!

This salad is SOOOOO good.
Ive had this one before, it is DELICIOUS! it's good with basil too

I have two good ones sitting right by my computer.

Strawberry Spinach Salad
Dressing:
2 T sesame seeds
1 T poppy seeds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t Worcestershire sauce
1 T minced onion

10 oz. fresh spinach
1 qt. strawberries (cleaned and sliced)
1/4 cup almonds
Mix the dressing and chill for 1 hour. Just before serving toss the spinach, strawberries, and almonds. Add dressing. The dressing makes a lot. You can also cut the sugar in half.

Chinese Cabbage Salad
1 package ramen noodles, crushed
1 package coleslaw mix
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/4 cup almonds
dressing:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 T soy sauce

Mix dressing and chill. Before toss coleslaw, noodles, onions, and almonds. Mix in dressing.

That layered salad sounds yummy! I'll have to give it a try.

Here's a couple of simple but good ones.

Mix together chopped Roma tomatoes, slices of onion, chopped cucumbers, basil (fresh or dried), kosher salt, pepper, balsalmic vinegar, olive oil.

Pasta salad: Mix together cooked tricolor rotini, slices of red onion, sliced black olives, halved cherry or grape tomatoes, pepper, Italian dressing.