Does Vintage Prada have a "made in" tag inside?

CSG

Mar 11, 2015
Does Vintage Prada have a "made in" tag inside? My recent purchases from Prada comes with the "made in" tag. However, I have a vintage Prada backpack that do not have that tag. Confusing.

How old are you considering "vintage"? My backpack is old enough to drink--from 1995 or 1996--and the only "made in" indication that I've seen in the bag is on the square metal tag logo on the inside. It says "Made in Italy" underneath Prada and Milano.

How old are you considering "vintage"? My backpack is old enough to drink--from 1995 or 1996--and the only "made in" indication that I've seen in the bag is on the square metal tag logo on the inside. It says "Made in Italy" underneath Prada and Milano.
I believe mine is also from the 1990s. Also a nylon backpack. Are you referring to this metal plate inside the bag?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 4,967
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 3,001
Reactions: dotty8
I just assume there is no fabric "Made in Wherever" tag because it already says so on the metal tag. My backpack doesn't even have the Prada logo lining and authenticity isn't a question unless the Prada flagship in Manhattan was trafficking in fakes in the 90s. (If that were the case, then it's unfortunate how much money I spent there way back when...) I was actually looking at some new Prada bags at the boutique earlier today. I don't think all of the new bags say Made in Italy on the metal tag now. They might have changed those tags when they started producing them in other places.

Reactions: dotty8
Hi everyone, I just bought a Saffiano lux Tote off eBay, The main problem is the Made in italy tag. On my bag, it says Made in italy on the metal plate, but I’ve read from many sources there should be a fabric sewn in tag, which I cannot find.

I am running into issues with authentication. I’ve had 2 sources say it’s authentic but one say it’s a fake. I think this is be main cause of why.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 398230BD-63AE-4117-A980-0FCD7B453FB7.jpeg
    398230BD-63AE-4117-A980-0FCD7B453FB7.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 2,243
Hi everyone, I just bought a Saffiano lux Tote off eBay, The main problem is the Made in italy tag. On my bag, it says Made in italy on the metal plate, but I’ve read from many sources there should be a fabric sewn in tag, which I cannot find.

I am running into issues with authentication. I’ve had 2 sources say it’s authentic but one say it’s a fake. I think this is be main cause of why.

Can anyone help?
That tag has nothing to do with what makes a bag fake or authentic. It's a combination of many factors, including the style of the bag, the season is was released and of course, the actual construction and details of the bag.

Is this the solid black bag that MissFiggy and I both agreed was authentic? Which service said it was fake? If the tag was the only reason they gave you, I have a hunch who it was....

Last edited:
That tag has nothing to do with what makes a bag fake or authentic. It's a combination of many factors, including the style of the bag, the season is was released and of course, the actual construction and details of the bag.

Is this the solid black bag that MissFiggy and I both agreed was authentic? Which service said it was fake? If the tag was the only reason they gave you, I have a hunch who it was....

Yup, it was the service “who shall not be named”. They didn’t give me anymore specific reasons other than that lining, hardware and other details were inconsistent.

That’s good to know regarding the tag. Gives me a better piece of mind. I’m waiting for Authenticate4u to come back with an answer, but they also asked for a photo of the fabric tag, so I just wanted to make sure.

Yup, it was the service “who shall not be named”. They didn’t give me anymore specific reasons other than that lining, hardware and other details were inconsistent.

That’s good to know regarding the tag. Gives me a better piece of mind. I’m waiting for Authenticate4u to come back with an answer, but they also asked for a photo of the fabric tag, so I just wanted to make sure.

Like we said, AF has a lousy reputation for authenticating Prada bags. Not sure about A4U these days. They used to have a really great Prada authenticator, but there's someone else doing their Pradas these days. Haven't heard anything positive or negative about him/her.

Like we said, AF has a lousy reputation for authenticating Prada bags. Not sure about A4U these days. They used to have a really great Prada authenticator, but there's someone else doing their Pradas these days. Haven't heard anything positive or negative about him/her.

I’ve also sent pictures to Carol Diva too! So fingers crossed everything comes back ok. I’m pretty confident in yours and Miss Figgys opinion, so thanks for your help!

I’ve also sent pictures to Carol Diva too! So fingers crossed everything comes back ok. I’m pretty confident in yours and Miss Figgys opinion, so thanks for your help!

Oh dear...not Carol...Carol hasn't got a Prada right since Adam was a boy. We never suggest Carol for Prada. She used to be an ace with LV and a few other designers, but NEVER with Prada.

Oh dear...not Carol...Carol hasn't got a Prada right since Adam was a boy. We never suggest Carol for Prada. She used to be an ace with LV and a few other designers, but NEVER with Prada.

Oh no! Carol did come back and say it was authentic - which I was relieved about, but now I’m not so sure. Good thing she was only $7. So just waiting on A4U now.